1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Make it Work: Project Runway 2008

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 21, Jul 16, 2008.

1. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Agree on those!

Cup dress was beautiful, but I worried about the toxic fumes from melting plastic. How'd ya like to use that iron afterwards!?

I liked the winner, and I was with them on the loser...

But good gracious, that yellow dress with the growth of kale and tomato was ATROCIOUS.

Tan guy is trying so hard to be this season's Christian, complete with catchphrases. Here's hoping he's gone soon...

2. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Also: It's great to see they haven't screwed with the formula of the show. If it ain't broke....

Looks like it's going to be a very solid season! I'm psyched! :D

3. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Agree on tan guy....blech. He's no Christian if yesterday's diaper was any indication.

Funny that the bottom two were actual designers.....Rock chick with the plastic bags, what was that about? Rami would have draped and twisted that mess into a couture gown.

4. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Agree with both of you on all counts. The cup dress was great -- makes all the people who used tablecloths seem even less creative than they were.

5. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

How would you even think to use partially melted cups for a dress? Unreal.

Glad to see Austin is still in fine form.

6. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I love Suede. I can see where he'd get old, but I love him right now.

Echoing others, loved the cup dress (loved the top edges he used for the sweetheart, and how they overlapped just right), loved the bottom of the one that won, thought the top part seemed unfinished somehow.

I thought the yellow dress was well-made, but I didn't like the way it fit. And who wants to wear kale around their neck?

7. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

She was the only one to use fresh produce on her dress, and it was visually stunning with the green and red on top of the uber bright yellow. Not something I'd wear, but I can see where the judges would rate it highly.

Loved the cup dress. It really should have won.

8. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Oh, I got why the judges loved it. I just didn't. :)

And let me add to the chorus: I hope the tan-addicted boy disappears. He's ruining -licious for the rest of us.

9. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

He's trying too hard to be Christian. Annoying!

I can't wait for next week. I'll be on vacation and I can kick everybody else off the TV :D

10. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Did the premier set up the rest of season nicely?

11. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

"It looks like a pterodactyl at a gay Jurassic Park." I was hoping some of the Seattle bunch caught that.

12. 21

21 Well-Known Member

They did the grocery store thing in Season One, right? If you were going to be competing on this show, you'd be crazy not to go through every old episode and dream up something for every challenge, just in case they repeat.

Draft saved Draft deleted