1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Major T-Mobile outage today?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Nov 3, 2009.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Am reading that there's major T-Mobile issues, that customers have plenty of signal but that making calls results in either a busy signal ... (1stADD) or disconnection.

(Epic typing fail there. Sorry.)

Anybody here having any problems?

2. I was having issues too. Couldn't send texts even though I had full signal.

EDIT: Still having issues. T-Mobile sucks! Even got a message earlier to insert my sim card and that the phone could be used for emergency calls only.

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

That link looks familiar. :D

4. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

My T-Mobile phone has been working.

5. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I haven't noticed my phone at all today, but when I was in the library, I heard the chime I hear when someone sends me a voice mail. However, I don't get a signal there.

I checked my messages and I had one. Odd.

6. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

Doh! Reading comprehension is not my strong suit.

7. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Yes. Could make calls and send and receive e-mail, but could not receive calls and could not send nor receive text messages.

I'm in Canada right now and was going to blame Rogers, but should have known that T-Mobile was at the root of it somehow.

8. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

A friend of mine called my on my office phone today. He said he was trying to reach me on my cell (T-Mobile) and kept getting a busy signal.
    I tried it myself and also got a busy signal. Customer service was also unreachable. I finally called a T-Mobile store to ask what was up and they told me either the whole system or the local area was out.

9. Bad Guy Zero

Bad Guy Zero Active Member

I still have no service. Anytime I try to make a call a pop-up reading "Not registered on network" appears. Several times this evening I've shut off and restarted my phone, removed and reinserted the battery, and/or removed and reinserted the SIM card. Still no service. I haven't had any legitimate need to use my phone for the past 6+ hours [I was affected by the outage sometime between 6:30pm and 7:00pm CST]. But I have no idea if anyone has been trying to get ahold of me for anything urgent.

Oh well.

10. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

We had major T-Mobile problems yesterday but it was hard to tell the difference as we ALWAYS have major T-Mobile problems. Living just across from Canada, the stupid signal gets overridden by Rogers Network and we get dinged for roaming. I wish I had a nickel for every minute I've spent on the phone with T-Mobile trying to get those charges off and get the signal fixed. Tried everything but even if you block the network it overrrides. ARggh.. Our contract is up in December, if anyone has any suggestions, I'm open to changing networks.

Draft saved Draft deleted