1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Maine Lobster Cheaper Than Deli Meat

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by ifilus, Jul 8, 2012.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Things I will not buy generic: Cheese, ketchup, cereal, beer.

I think that's the list. :)

2. imjustagirl

I do yell a bit. I'm guessing you saw the Punto exchange on FB last night? I might have gone off the rails at some point.

3. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

I'm with IJAG on this one. I have never understood the fascination with lunch meat sandwiches. Grilled cheese is the only type of sandwich I will eat.

4. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Understood. But that certainly doesn't mean that all lunch meat is created equal.

5. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Didn't you see the monstrosity of a reuben Moddy posted?

6. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

There was a Modern Marvels on cold cuts. Fascinating and disgusting.

7. imjustagirl

It does to me. If I'm allergic to onions, I don't care the difference between any of them. I despise lunch meat. I think it's slimy (not like fresh cut meat ... I'll eat leftover turkey after Thanksgiving because it looks and feels like, I don't know, meat.). So yes, it's all the same to me.

8. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

I always imagined our dystopian future looking like "Soylent Green"...so too much lobster is a world I can stomach.

9. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Now go to Publix, but a deli sammich with Boar's Head (I recommend the italian sub) and do your penance.
    With a bag of chips and a Coke for an extra $1.50

11. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

My grandfather used to eat head cheese and I would eat right along when I was a small child. Also used to snack on pickled pigs feet with him. Wouldn't touch either one today.

12. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Sandwich meat is just OK to me. Would rather eat PB&J or a BLT. But, Trader Joe's has fantastic seasoned roast beef. Really, really stupendous.

Draft saved Draft deleted