1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Magazines.com

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by MartinEnigmatica, Mar 26, 2007.

1. MartinEnigmatica

MartinEnigmatica Active Member

Anyone ever order from this site? I put in a couple subscriptions back in January and none of them have started to arrive yet, so I guess I might be maxing out that 6-8 week delivery window. But if someone out there's been scammed, let me know so I can call my lawyer:

[​IMG]

2. bagelchick

bagelchick Active Member

I have and it does take a little while to get it going. Then, once that happens, you will hear from them constantly to renew. Beware the "your subscription is expiring" scam when it still has 6 months left on it.

3. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

I get SI through them and have never had any problems. It did take about eight weeks for the subscription to start, but they've never contacted me about anything ever.. Though, I do have automatic renewal.

I signed up for Esquire through Esquire's Web site and have been getting bombarded with subscription requests in the mail from Money, Playboy and a bunch of other mags I would never get. Just because I read Esquire doesn't mean I have money. The bastards.

4. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

I guess this begs the question....where's the best place to get a good deal on magazines? I thought someone mentioned ebay before. I'm interested in Esquire and Men's Health...

5. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

eBay absolutely!

A lot of consolidators post auctions up there. Hey, whatever it takes to get circ numbers up, right? Right?

Draft saved Draft deleted