1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Madison Square Garden's 50 greatest moments -- I'm stumped

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Webster, Jan 18, 2007.

1. Double J

Double J Active Member

The peak of Milbury's career, right there.

2. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

Come on, that night was amazing -- a mess, yeah, but the shots of the NYPD/FDNY guys in the audience, drunk off their asses, holding up pictures of dead buddies and getting a cathartic moment through the music -- unforgettable. And the Who rocked, absolutely rocked.

3. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

A Top 50 moment that was omitted -- the 30th Anniversary concert for Bob Dylan. How can a concert featuring: John Mellencamp, Kris Kristopherson, Stevie Wonder, Lou Reed, Eddie Vedder, Tracy Chapman, Johnny Cash, Willie Nelson, Johnny Winter, Ron Wood, Ritchie Havens, the Clancy Brothers, Shawn Colvin, Neil Young, Chrissie Hyde, Eric Clapton, the O'Jays, The Band, George Harrison, Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers, and Bob Dylan himself not make the list? Not to mention this show is also legendary for the crowd booing Sinead O'Connor off the stage.

4. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Honestly, I thought that many in the audience came off as a bunch of drunk assholes. And I don't quite understand how the booing of a Senator is such a great moment.

5. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Now that I think about it, I don't think I've seen all of the Concert for New York, just bits and pieces.

6. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

Or you could go with the Rolling Thunder Revue concert.......

Draft saved Draft deleted