1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Made of Honor

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by imjustagirl, Apr 23, 2008.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

OK, I adore Patrick Dempsey. But I've now seen the commercials for this horribly lame movie several times...am I missing something or is it a flipped-role version of "My Best Friend's Wedding?"

If so...WHY?

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Because women adore Patrick Dempsey, and Hollywood thinks that's enough to get them into the theaters?

3. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I adore him, but not enough to go see a retread of an absolutely terrible Julia Roberts movie.

I have standards, not high ones, but they do exist, dammit!

4. imjustagirl

It may be enough to get me into the theater...if I wasn't going to see him in person this weekend.

ROWR!

5. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

It looks pretty bad.

I've never seen a movie so blatantly rip off another. I mean, it's the exact same movie.

6. sportschick

TTIUWP

So here's one :D

[​IMG]

7. imjustagirl

I like him cleaner cut.

[​IMG]

8. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I'm with IJAG. WOOF!

9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

A much better Patrick Dempsey vehicle:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. sportschick

I like my guys scruffy. This is an established fact :D

11. Flash

Flash Guest

Not all women think Patrick Dempsey is the best thing since sliced bread. But IJAG has already beaten me up for that once or twice before ... :'(

12. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

The other night, the wife and I are bored, she has the remote, and we catch the second half of Pretty Woman on USA. These previews come on during the commercial breaks, and it dawns on me: Patrick Dempsey is totally the new Richard Gere.

They're both older, handsome guys with good hair and so-so actors whose greatest asset is their brooding, whispery, calm delivery of lines. Vivian Ward's neurotic sass and her desire to be loved and rescued from prostitution by Prince Charming has been replaced by Meredith Grey's neurotic whining and her desire to be loved, but not rescued, by Prince Charming, as long as she can also have a career of her own. (But don't smother her!)

Agree? Disagree?

Draft saved Draft deleted