1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Madame Chairman, the GOP casts all its votes....

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Yawn, Jan 22, 2007.

1. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Kind of my point. I didn't really know what LaGuardia was except a populist. I don't feel like looking. But the last true Republican before Giuliani may have been in the 1800s, then.

And FB, with respect, I think you may be clouded by your dislike of him. Mention Giuliani to the typical New Yorker, and he or she isn't thinking about Diallo or Loiumia or Kerik. He or she is thinking about 9/11, crime rate reduction, gentrification, etc. Diallo, Loiuma, Kerik barely register as they relate to him. You have overestimated those things on here a few times. They're not the black marks in the public's mind that you think they are, and it's not the kind of stuff that is going to be effective against him if he rises to a national nomination (a big if--many of your reasons are correct).

Nationally, there is going to be a segment of the population that naturally dislikes Giuliani, because he engenders that kind of strong reaction from some people. Its sort of the love/hate thing Hillary Clinton has going on, except with Giuliani it is less pronounced. To the great majority of people that can be swayed by manipulation, Giuliani could be a very effective campaigner. He has all the qualities that have been missing in the last two presidential elections, but which the country is almost pining for. He's quick on his feet--not everything has to be scripted for him, the way it does with Hilary Clinton--and he is a very effective speaker who has the ability to make people react to him emotionally. He can be almost evangelical in that regard. He's great at using those qualities to eviscerate opponents. That, of course, is also his potential negative. If he appears to be mean-spirited--overtly so--sentiment can shift against him. It's the line he always straddles. But don't assume that people automatically see him that way, because you do. His charms can work in the other direction, also.

2. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Naturally, no intelligent response yet.

Just a bunch of shit.

And no, the strategy of "let's make him ill with that closet homosexual label" ain't going to run me out of here dudes....as nauseating as the mere thought of it sounds. Truthfully, it's funny that children can stoop to such a level.

But then, when you have nothing intelligent to offer, what else is there?

Back to your toys kids.

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Hey, Yawn, you been running any more freelance internet sex stings lately?

4. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

It takes an intelligent post for there to be intelligent responses. So while we're waiting for you to come up with one, it's easier to mock you.

5. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Must be nice to think of yourself as a fucking genius, Alley.

And you're just a low-income journalist? Certainly. And therefore, one whose mind has been made mush by the liberal think-tanks who appeal to your envy of others who have made it. You're a victim dude. And you can't help it.

6. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Still not one conservative voice that makes sense to anyone.

Brainwashed, neurological mush.

7. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Good god, if you guys didn't have your liberal legislators and activist judges around, you'd be so helpless.

8. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

Yes, those three "thoughts" definitely needed seperate posts.

Attention whore.

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

No Internet stings these days, Yawn?

No karate competitions?

10. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Attention whore?

Well, you guys and your knee-jerk, kindergarten-like reactions certainly seem to make it work that way.

11. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

It's interesting the different ways in which you clearly try to bait people, never realizing you're making yourself look like an ass. You can claim that I'm a "low-income journalist" and that I've been brain-washed by liberal think-tanks, but you'll get nothing but mocking in return, since you have no clue about me.

And since you're throwing turds instead of addressing real issues, it's obvious you haven't got the brain cells necessary to have a legit debate. You're regarded about as highly as a bucket of warm spit by pretty much everyone on the board, but you don't even rate that highly with me.

I'll say this with all confidence, although people know I'm not this kind of person...

I'm a better man than you will ever be.

12. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

Who guys? Are you suggesting that my calling you an attention whore is because I'm a liberal? Hardly. You're an attention whore because you started, and maintained, this thread solely for the purpose of getting all the liberals on the board to yell at you. You absolutely LOVE this shit. You can't get enough. And as for the specific timing of my post, you posted THREE TIMES, including once that wasn't in response to anything, but rather just another trite slam from a typical small-minded person. And no, I don't mean conservative. I mean small-minded person. There are conservatives on here who have no trouble getting along. It's not because they're special, it's because they're adults. But you can't seem to get through a single week without trying to get every blue-stater on here riled up about some non-issue. Not to mention the fucking plagiarism, you moron. Your act is so tired, and we were saying this about you eight months and one name change ago.

Draft saved Draft deleted