1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mad Men season 7 thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Steak Snabler, Apr 14, 2014.

1. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

And I was born. Another win for the city that year

2. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Yeah, I was kind of surprised that this season started off in January 1969 and there was no mention of Joe Namath, not even in passing.

3. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

I feel that's what Modern Family is going through right now with the actor who plays Luke. He's awful. Manny, meanwhile, is an absolute gem.

4. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Holy mother of balls of something. That was utterly amazing.

5. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I think Lou Avery should put in for battle pay before the late spring rush.

6. RickStain

I honestly thought that episode was going to feature a fistfight. Don/Lou or Roger/Cutler or both. That may yet happen.

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

So many great scenes in this one.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

So, so, good.
    One of my favorite (non-spoiler) parts was when the partners were talking about great things were going, then started complaining about everyone.

9. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I believe Don's balls were shrinking as Joan talked about his job future.

10. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I loved when Jim brought up Harry and his computer, and Roger naturally assumed Jim wanted the guy fired when he actually wanted to help him.

Speaking of Roger, his airtight defense of Don from not only a personal but business and financial standpoint, was both impressive and nice to see.

11. RickStain

I did not think Don was going to say yes.

He's going to take down Lou in some amazing combination that's like 90% competence and 10% Machiavellian cunning, and I hope that the last thing he says to Lou is "Going down?"

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'm certain the other partners crafted their rules figuring their was no way he would accept terms. Which if he didn't would have meant that he still could have forced them to buy him out. Four eps left this year.

Draft saved Draft deleted