1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mad Men Season 5 running thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Steak Snabler, Jan 16, 2012.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Thank you SportsJournalists.com for an enjoyable thread.
    No one around me is a Mad Men fan, I get a great MM fix here with a thoughtful and intelligent discussion.

If only politics, race and religion could be handled so maturely.

Thanks
    -abbott

2. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Me too ... The suicide of a partner widely known as the financial brains would have cause a major upheaval ... Remember when all the clients pulled out because Lucky Strike did? It would have been the same deal, maybe worse.

3. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

The shot of Don walking away from the set made up for missteps elsewhere in the episode. Second best visual for my money on TV this year behind Walter White framed by a cellar door.

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Lane hanged himself, in, I think, February of '67. They found out about the Jaguar presentation a couple of weeks before Christmas, and presented it in Jan. of '67. Don even mentioned that they were going to be working on the presentation at Christmas.

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

And on a side note, does the firm now drop Pryce's name?

Sterling Cooper Draper Harris has a nice ring to it. Especially if it would make Pete's head explode.

6. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I can't be the only one who expected Don to say to Peggy, fondly, 'You've come a long way, baby.'

7. NDub

NDub Guest

I half-expected him to offer her popcorn and weed in exchange for a handy.

8. Cape_Fear

Cape_Fear Active Member

I'm just now starting season 5, but haven't been scared of spoilers so I know what's going to happen down the line.

There was a great line in retrospect but was probably seen as a throwaway line at the time when Lane is talking to the girlfriend of the lost wallet guy and telling her to just come up to the office to retrieve it: "I'll be here until the day I die."

It was just so subtle.

9. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I think Peggy comes up with "You've come a long way, baby," but a man at the firm will take credit for it. Basically, she is getting fucked in the ass, just like the dogs.

10. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

No. You were not.

11. dieditor

dieditor Member

Thanks, guess I missed that in the second-to-last episode.

12. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

You do understand how dogs actually ... oh, nevermind.

Draft saved Draft deleted