1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mad Men Season 5 running thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Steak Snabler, Jan 16, 2012.

1. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Klosterman on the transformation of Don Draper:

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/7736625/making-sense-radically-changed-don-draper-season-premiere-mad-men

2. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

I was thinking the same thing. Probably my favorite scene of the episode.

Thought it was a great opening episode.

One question, did Don tell Megan about Duck Whitman last year, or in between the season? I assume it was 9 months ahead since Joan had her baby. Surprised Roger even held it.

And Pete is becoming quite the confident little corporate guy isn't her?

3. NDub

NDub Guest

I believe Don told Megan about "Dick Whitman." It was part of their post-party discussion as he laid in bed pissed off about being the center of attention.

4. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

Yeah, I just don't remember him doing it last season.

5. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

It definitely happened between the seasons. A lot did. That's one thing I love about this show.

6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

He's in full get-with-it-or-get-out mode with Sterling.

Just wait a month.

7. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Harry is in deep shit.

First, Peggy makes casual reference to Don not liking him.
    Then, Sterling makes fun of Don's wife, Don is super-pissed, but can't really do anything about it because of Roger's stature.
    Finally, Harry also makes fun of Don's wife.

That hasn't blown over just yet.

8. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

It was actually Megan Draper who told Peggy Olson that Don Draper hates Harry Crane. (And yes, I'm only referring to Mad Men characters by first and last names.)

9. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

You're right, my bad.

Either way, Chekov's gun is pointed directly at his employment.

10. NDub

NDub Guest

Roger vs. Pete hopefully gets better. The tension has been there for a while. But why would Roger arrange for Pete to get a better office? Sort of a trick of reverse psychology? Although I'm not sure it worked as Pete will stick whining.

11. NDub

NDub Guest

LANE PRYCE DANCES - http://gif.mocksession.com/2012/03/pryce-dances/

PETE CAMPBELL TRIPS - http://gif.mocksession.com/2012/03/pete-campbell-trips/

Pete's face before he even bites it is hilarious. And his pouting and whining with a bloody nose is still making me laugh.

12. dieditor

dieditor Member

To me it was total self-preservation on Roger's part to find Pete an office. The other partners all knew Pete wasn't wrong in his demand (Pete even said as much) and Roger could read the writing on the wall.

Draft saved Draft deleted