1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mad Men '15

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by qtlaw, Apr 6, 2015.

1. qtlaw24

qtlaw24 Active Member

The scenes with Pima (Mimi Rogers) were great; actually the best thing about last night.

I hope we get some Sally and more Cutler and Joan the last couple of episodes.

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Would have liked to have seen one more meeting with Sterling and Peterson. That would have been fun.

3. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

4. RubberSoul1979

RubberSoul1979 Active Member

Not shocking: The parade of empty, sad, flawed Don Draper paramours (Midge, Bobbie Barrett, Ms. Farrell, Sylvia Rosen, now, Diana the Waitress) continues. How many names from his Conquest List can you look at and say, "Wow, she really has her shit together." Rachel (Menken) Katz was the closest.

Not at all shocking: Harry Crane pulling the "casting couch" move.

More shocking: This. What's a good caption?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 13, 2015
  5. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I don't have a lot of confidence in Matthew Weiner.

6. qtlaw24

qtlaw24 Active Member

"Damn, how hot would it be if she was wearing the waitress outfit?"

7. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Yeah, in a semi-crossthread, he's even more "I'm doing this for me, not to satisfy the viewers" than David Chase is.

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

On a side note, how fucked up will the waitress' surviving kid be? Not only do the kid lose a sibling, but their mother abandoned them.

9. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I think he also doesn't really understand what the fans want, for better or for worse. I read recently that he thought people were frustrated he focused so much on Megan because we all love Betty so much.

I'm not the Megan hater some people are, but I really didn't need her sister taking up so much precious screen time with so few episodes to go.

Dyno likes this.
  10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

As much as I like the show, the psychoanalysis of the show by some reviewers probably makes the show seem deeper than Weiner ever intended it to be. Sometimes a sigh just might be a sigh.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2015
    HC likes this.
  11. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

I'm going to have nightmares about Glen's chest hair.

RubberSoul1979 likes this.
  12. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

What about the blonde woman who was the Sterling Cooper consultant or whatever she was, in between Betty and Megan? I can't recall why that came apart, but she seemed like a really great match for him, and it didn't work out. Wasn't Megan basically his rebound from her?

Draft saved Draft deleted