1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mad Dog - Dancing Fool

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Boom_70, Oct 3, 2006.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

A kind member sent this to me in IM . Have not seen on board so I am posting link.

As the person who sent it to me said - "you will laugh for days"

I bring you Chris Russo.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2233215622424621893

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

That's not dancing. That's air swimming.

New Yorkers are kinda weird.

3. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Between Russo's death spasms, Southside's newfound fatness and Bobby Bandiera's mullet thing, this is a embarrassment overload.

4. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

That's not a New Yorker thing. It's a bad case of white man's disease. I know Chris is an easy target, but he's actually a pretty nice guy when he isn't in radio "Mad Dog" mode. That said, that video is very, very unfortunate. It was painful to watch.

5. Boom_70

I would second the idea that Chris is a nice guy. Agree that is not NY dancing. Mad Dog is doing the Fairfield County 2 step - Seen in country clubs all over CT on weekends with white people not knowing how silly they look.
    Mad
    I am not sure what looks worse - the dancing or the outfit. Mad Dog looks like a Doctor trying to look casual . He should not have wore socks or gone with the tuck.

6. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

Mad Dog is obviously a fan of Carlton Banks....I wonder how many Tom Jones albums he owns.

7. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

that's the best.

8. JR

JR Well-Known Member

White man overbite

9. Boom, my brother --
    Forget it. I got nothing.
    Wow.

10. Boom_70

Fenian - this was just dropped into my lap.

Found out original credit should go to NY Post reporter Andrew Marchand who posed it in his blog:

MARCHAND MEMO: Mad Dog Dancing
    Note: Most Fridays in NYP TV Sports, we run Marchand's Memo of the Week. We're going to produce some bonus Memos for the Best Sports Blog in Town. Hope you like them.

To: Chris Russo
    Re: Mad Dog Dancing
    CC: Elaine Benes

Dear Chris:

There is a misperception that The Memo doesn't enjoy your work. We actually usually find you entertaining. You are a must-listen because on the unintentional comedy meter, you score higher than a Willie Nelson tour bus.

We criticize you mainly for being mean-spirited or for being very inaccurate. Plus, we don't particularly like when you steal thoughts or information (mostly from newspapers) without always giving proper credit. Your partner is worse about this, but you can hold your own.

But now with the Internet, the Information SuperHighway, it is a two-way street. The difference is The Memo vows to give credit where credit is due. We will cite all the places where we find our information.

So without further adieu, Memo Productions presents, "Mad Dog Dancing (Click on the Google link under the Credits' list at bottom of this post). The video is from a show you did on the FAN this summer that was aired by YES.

Since The Memo has less rhythm than Tom Coughlin (well maybe we shouldn't go that far) we are not looking down at your dancing skills. They are just very, very funny. It is part of what makes you a unique personality. As you would say, "We are just having some laughs, Mikey."

Credits
    WFAN/YES Chris Russo
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2233215622424621893
    http://mikefrancesa.com/v-web/bulletin/bb/viewforum.php?f=1

11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I don't think I've ever seen such liberal use of the "air microphone".

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

That's what I was thinking.

Draft saved Draft deleted