1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Machete vs. The Expendables

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 93Devil, Jul 18, 2010.

1. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

We had something very similar like that happen on a taping of our morning TV show in high chool. It was awesome, cussing on the air and everything. Needless to say, we could not go to air that morning.

I really want to see Machete. Looks just too cool.

2. John

John Well-Known Member

I love the new ads, which end by showing Jessica Alba wearing almost nothing and the voice-over guy ending with the word nudity. Just brilliant.

Guarantees a special "unrated" version of the DVD, too.

3. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

4. vicd

vicd Active Member

http://www.prisonplanet.com/%E2%80%98machete%E2%80%99-producers-lied-about-racist-bloodbath.html

5. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Sheesh. See the movie first before getting all upset about the "race war" scene. It's nothing of the sort. It's more like a battle and there are white people involved on the side of Machete. Plus, it's not even all that well made.

The first 30 minutes or so have the most politically charged items, but I think Rodriguez wimped out from going full bore like some of the '70s exploitation flicks he was trying to emulate.

6. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Read Breitbart's take, and the commenters. If you want to see good old-fashioned, undistilled racism and xenophobia...
    Besides, Rodriguez could not have known while he was making the movie how the whole immigration issue would explode. Goddard was probably still leading Brewer in the polls then.

Draft saved Draft deleted