1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MacBook Air

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Kid Bro Sweets, Jan 15, 2008.

1. Mr. Homer

Mr. Homer Member

I'm gonna get one, but hear I should wait for 3g, too. So when is it coming out? June?

2. Italian_Stallion

Italian_Stallion Active Member

That pricing is outrageous. It's like selling me a Ford Focus and charging me twice the price of an F-150 because it gets better gas mileage. I wouldn't pay more than about $1,000 for a Mac laptop with a 13-inch screen, and that's coming from someone eagerly anticipating buying a new Mac laptop. I'll still with the super-fat MacBook Pro and its option 15-inch screen.

As for iTV, just ye wait. They'll get that content within a year, and folks will be getting their TV programming right through their computer.

3. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

Apparently, you can't replace the battery yourself, a la the iPod & iPhone.

4. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

You'll be getting an apple just it will either be a red delicious or granny smith.
    Until you can plug the iPhone into the laptop and turn it into a cellular modem, I say "boo" to the iPhone.

5. Mr. Homer

Mr. Homer Member

So again, anyone know when that'll be?

6. So what is the deal with the 3 G. Can someone explain to me what that is?

7. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

It doesn't matter what the price is.

Many people will buy it.

They have to.

It's new and it's an Apple.

8. Mr. Homer

Mr. Homer Member

Basically, the 3g is the next generation of software that allows for faster web surfing for phones. They have it in Europe and Japan and it should be here sometime soon (so I've heard).

9. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

You imply that people cannot do this already. Those cable boxes you have where the menu comes up and scroll through... that is Linux. Those Tivos you see a lot of run Linux.

PCs, for years, have had video card options where you can input coax, s-video, A/V and then output all of the same. Thus, the PC was the input and the programming came from where ever the user wanted.

This laptop is cool as shit, though. It is a bit costly, which doesn't surprise me. If they work on this for a larger scale, and I really think that if they were going to release something like this they should have had an option for 15", it could be a big seller.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

29?

As for Apple, they can do no wrong, but $1800 for a razor-thin laptop with one USB cable? No thanks. I'd break that sucker taking it out of the box.

11. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

I can live with my Mac laptop from 2004 for a while longer.

It's blazing fast enough for me.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

That one was almost 11 years ago.

Draft saved Draft deleted