1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mac vs. PC, the commercial wars

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Angola!, Sep 13, 2008.

1. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

It was good while it lasted.

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Well, that was interesting. Or wasn't. I was formulating some thoughts on the whole Vista deal and now I have no idea what's going on.

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

He gone.
    <blockquote>Microsoft flacks are desperately dialing reporters to spin them about "phase two" of the ad campaign — a phase, due to be announced tomorrow <i>(NOTE: meaning today --- your friendly neighborhood 2muchcoffeeman)</i>, which will drop the aging comic altogether. Microsoft's version of the story: Redmond had always planned to drop Seinfeld. The awkward reality: The ads only reminded us how out of touch with consumers Microsoft is — and that Bill Gates's company has millions of dollars to waste on hiring a has-been funnyman to keep him company. Update: In a phone call, Waggener Edstrom flack Frank Shaw confirms that Microsoft is not going on with Seinfeld, and echoes his underlings' spin that the move was planned. There is the "potential to do other things" with Seinfeld, which Shaw says is still "possible." He adds: "People would have been happier if everyone loved the ads, but this was not unexpected."</blockquote>
    http://valleywag.com/5051455/microsoft-to-announce-jerry-seinfeld-ads-cancelled-tomorrow

And didn't Jerry always have one Mac or another in his TV apartment? Hmmm ... maybe he should've stuck with that.

4. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

first season he had a mac and a cactus in the corner. both didn't make the second-season cut.

5. 2muchcoffeeman

iMac didn't exist in 1989.

6. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

He said mac, not imac. I'm pretty sure it was a Mac Classic.

7. 2muchcoffeeman

Ah. Misread.

Seinfeld had Macs on the set's desk through the whole run. Found a brief listing:

Mac Classic or SE/30
    Powerbook Duo with Duodock
    20th Anniversary Macintosh (final season, identical to the one Seinfeld had at home)

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

that is kinda funny that the only one i remember is the mac classic, which was a first-season only thing.

Draft saved Draft deleted