1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

LVRJ: bush administration wants random drug testing of high school students

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Herbert Anchovy, May 23, 2007.

1. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Performance enhancers should be at the top of the list, but they'll claim "It's too expensive." In other words, in no way will we mess with the sacred cash cow which is football at any costs.

2. KG

KG Active Member

I grew up in a little redneck town with a total high school (everyone in the county went to the same one) of about 400. They wouldn't even have enough students left to field a team if they tested for drugs there.

3. KG --
    That's a great point.

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

They managed to get a handful of Supreme Court Judges as well. I do not have time to look up the case number, but they ruled schools may drug test school club members at their discression.

5. Earls v. Oklahoma.
    And it's a fucking abomination.

6. 93Devil

We can agree to disagree on that one. I think about the freedom of the non-drug users to be in a safe school. And trust me, I would legalize pot if I were the President, but it's the harder drugs that scare me.

I had to laugh at your reply, though. Short and sweet. Nothing more needed typed.

7. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

I used to teach at a school with 1,800 students. They wouldn't even have enough students left to field a team if they tested for drugs there.

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

yes. so many athletes shoot up in the back seat of the bus. yes. so many football players actually are junkies and share H with their friends while driving with the team to the game. like i've always said: no better place to shoot up than the back of the bus.

9. 93Devil

You never plan for the 99.99 percent when you do school security. You plan for the .01 percent. All it takes is one fuck up. Millions of students go to school every day, but you need to plan for the one crazy fucking Asian kid.

People addicted to drugs are much more volatile than non-users.

10. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i don't remember anyone saying the VT kid was shooting H. also, the bill of rights wasn't founded on the majority losing their rights because of one fuck-up.

i suppose you also agree with the police randomly searching houses, "because, well fuck, if you don't have anything to hide, why would you mind?" am i ballparking it with that one?

11. JR

JR Well-Known Member

It's official. Not only are you dumb, you're a racist.

Nice work, son.

12. I have learned not to ask tthat last question, Tom. Largely because I usually don't like the answer much.

Draft saved Draft deleted