1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Luppy's Latest Roman a Clef

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Boom_70, Oct 24, 2006.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Does this man ever have an original thought:

[​IMG]

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

No more than the other little guy does.

3. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

A better one would be: "All Alone on the Sports Reporters' set at Christmas."

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

MUAHAHAHAH Boom I kid you not: I have the Sunday Daily News in the crapper and I just saw the two-page excerpt of this latest literary accomplishment. My first thought: RELEASE THE HOUNDS!!!! :D ;D ;D :D

5. Boom_70

BYH - from the excerpt did you get feeling that Celtic Luppy based story on was Larry Bird?

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

Even on the crapper, I couldn't rationalize reading it.

7. Boom_70

Book Description
    Josh Cameron has it all: a World Championship ring with the Boston Celtics, an MVP award, a clean-cut image, and the adoration of millions. What he doesn’t have is family. Until the day 12-year-old smartaleck Molly Parker confronts him in a parking lot and claims to be his daughter—the only daughter of Jen Parker, Josh’s college sweetheart and the still the only girl he’s ever loved. Trouble is, Jen Parker died last year, and now Molly has tracked down the father she never knew, the one her mother never wanted her to know about. Josh Cameron cares about two things only: himself, and basketball. The last thing this superstar wants or needs is a 12-year-old daughter. Yet this isn’t just any 12-year-old. Mr. World Champion has finally met his match

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

Yup, that's Bird.

9. spnited

spnited Active Member

At least you were in the appropriate location for both Loopy and yourself.

10. Boom_70

Luppy's next book - "Close But No Cigar" a fictional story about Ben Finton former governor of Arkansas and now Presidential canidate.

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Man, you are a badass detective.

12. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Hmmm, how about a book about an NFL player... a real superstar..... and he becomes friends with a less heralded teammate, really tight friends. And then that teammate gets a horrible disease and dies. And the guy learns some lessons from it. Because he misses his friend.

Draft saved Draft deleted