1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Luke Ravenstahl is so busted.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by cougargirl, Jan 18, 2007.

1. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

Well, not quite. But the young mayor sure knows how to make Pittsburgh proud. ::)

http://www.postgazette.com/pg/07018/754925-100.stm

2. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Good for him. I had never heard of the guy, but I have some respect for him now based on this incident.

3. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Saw the name and figured it was a hockey player, maybe with Vancouver.

4. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

So Luke acted like a typical mouthy, drunken Yinzer. Shocking. Coming up next on Live at Five, January usually means colder temperatures.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Just a tad different because the guy is the mayor at the moment, which is funny enough. Gotta love the 'Burgh.

6. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

In this one act, Ravenstahl will suddenly make Pittsburgh ultra-cool for the 20-somethings the area is so desperately trying to retain.
    Yeah right.

7. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Shrub would be proud of this young lad!!

8. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Why? It mentions alcohol and absolutely nothing about blow.

9. markvid

markvid Guest

As it turns out, John McIntire (formerly of KDKA Radio, fired, for one reason, that he would call people douchebags on the air), posted all of this on his blog, and it's not true.
    Also, John had a frequent guest on his show named Bill Peduto.
    Bill is running for Mayor.
    Coincidence?
    Nope.

10. markvid - Did you hear Peduto said he wasn't involved and was honoring his earlier commitment to have a clean campaign.

11. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

I loved the last line in this snippet from a NY Times profile on Ravenstahl, a very haughty, Old Gray Lady aside on football fans' fashion:

As he strives to be taken seriously and take charge of a city only recently back from the brink of bankruptcy, the baby-faced Mr. Ravenstahl said that even the smallest decisions felt weighty.

What to wear to the Steelers game? Stick with his standard blue jeans and football jersey or don a button-up polo and black slacks, setting a more serious tone at his first public appearance since Mr. O’Connor was buried?

“I guess I’m taking it one decision, one day, at a time,” Mr. Ravenstahl said Thursday before heading to the game, having chosen the awkward hybrid of football jersey tucked neatly into pressed suit pants.

12. markvid

markvid Guest

Sure, by having McIntyre do it for him.

Draft saved Draft deleted