1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lucky Number 13: The Baseball Thread continues....

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Rosie, Jul 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jakewriter82

jakewriter82 Active Member

So it's not unprecedented, then.
    Really, though, there aren't many things in baseball that are.
    It amazes me how a player can lead the league in hitting the ball out of the park, yet by and large he can't hit the side a barn with a broomstick.
    You would think one must be related to the other, but I guess not always.

Those are some great stats, too, btw. Those and the Kingman stat. Blows my mind. :)

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I'm just going to check in periodically to see if pallister can go another 47 pages without posting.

3. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

???

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Good. We don't like White Sox fans.

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Who does?

6. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Other White Sox fans who also have tats, jean shorts and mustaches?

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

8. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

No outing!

10. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Here's Helton's Tennessee football career in a nutshell:

In 1993, the Vols had Heath Shuler, who finished second in the Heisman voting. Helton didn't play much that season, if at all, because the Vols had a capable back-up in Jerry Colquitt.

In the 1993-94 offseason, Tennessee signed Peyton Manning and Branndon Stewart (who was rated nearly as high as Manning). Still, Colquitt, a senior, went into the season as the starting quarterback, with Helton, a junior, as the back-up.

In the season opener against UCLA, Colquitt got hurt. Helton took over, but then he got knocked out for the season three weeks later against Mississippi State.

Manning and Stewart rotated at QB the rest of the year, and neither Colquitt nor Helton ever played another down of football.

11. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Since we don't have Running Dumbass Moments in Alleged Journalism thread, I have nowhere else to put this:

From Yahoo's fantasy notes:

"Nick Zaccardi and Carrie Muskat, of MLB.com, report Chicago Cubs SP Carlos Zambrano is tied for the team lead in wins. Him and SP Ryan Dempster have 10 wins."

Who is writing this stuff, the guy with the 'morans' sign? Dan Quayle? White Sox fans?

12. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Ouch. Just ouch.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.