1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lucious Pusey's Soul Mate?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by HeinekenMan, Sep 22, 2006.

1. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

As some may know, Eastern Illinois University had a linebacker named Lucious Pusey who changed his name for obvious reasons.

Tonight, I was two minutes late for deadline because I had to triple-check a name. I'll bet Harry Reddick has it hard.

And, while we're at it, what are some of the more unusual names that you've discovered in the field?

2. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Pusey played HS down here.

I never... not once ... read his name in that derogatory manner.

Now... it will be impossible... like not seeing the guy standing with the erection in the front leg of the camel on the cigarette box... .

[​IMG]

3. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

No thanks necessary.

Sincerely,

The Beavis and Butthead Generation

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

X'Zavier.

A buddy taught in Mound Bayou, Mississippi in '94 and this was one of his students. I don't have a last name, but the spelling for X'Zavier was unique.

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

D'Lucious Box.

6. jay_christley

jay_christley Member

Had a kid Martinez around here a couple years back ...
    First name was pronounced key-key.
    Spelled Kike.

Ran a photo of him once and one of the news guys came running down the hall to tell us we had a horrible misspelling in the cutline and we had to stop the presses to get it fixed.
    Shrugged and said, "what do you want us to do? That's the way he spells it."

Draft saved Draft deleted