1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

LSU quarterback Ryan Perrilloux suspended...again

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by StaggerLee, Feb 18, 2008.

1. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Well-Known Member

LSU sports information is reporting quarterback Ryan Perrilloux has been suspended indefinitely for violating team rules. Allegedly, he's missed classes and team meetings.

This is Perrilloux's third suspension from the team. It will be interesting to see what Les Miles does in this situation. On one hand, Perrilloux is the only QB on the roster with any experience. On the other hand, he hasn't learned from his previous mistakes.

If I'm Les Miles, I bite the bullet and get rid of Perrilloux for good. That means you're relying on a redshirt freshman (Jarrett Lee) or a Harvard transfer (Andrew Hatch) at the most important position on your team. But you're also coming off a national title, so you've already earned somewhat of a pass from the fans/administration.

2. tonysoprano

tonysoprano Member

Hell yes, cut bait. This isn't going anywhere. And it reminds me too much of Cecil Collins.

3. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

I can't imagine Lessy Boy is dumb enough to rely on him. What happens if Perriloux starts the season, they prepare to have him and then he screws up again?
    If I'm going to be up shit creek, I'd rather want to know what kind of boat I'm on.

4. tonysoprano

tonysoprano Member

It just baffles me. Flynn's gone and he's being handed the keys to the kingdom. And he eff's up again. What a dumbass!

5. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Well-Known Member

It's quite baffling. It's his chance to shine and show what he can do, and he pisses it away. And the sad thing is that he would have had a ton of talent on that offense.

Well, I hear great things about the freshman Lee, so we'll see what he can do.

6. tonysoprano

tonysoprano Member

Yeah, Lee's a sharp kid. Coach's son. He'll be fine....I like their chances with another QB from Texas.

7. markvid

markvid Guest

Terrelle Pryor, pick up the white courtesy phone, please...

:D

8. tonysoprano

tonysoprano Member

Yeah, VY Jr. would go good in purple and gold

9. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

Yikes...And after seeing him in the SEC title game, I wondered why Flynn would've seen the field in the first place...

Dum-dum-dum-dum.

10. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

naf ... I think that SEC title game performance gave him this extra get out of jail free card.

11. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

Yeah, and I hope he learns something because you could see how good he is on the field. There's no question in my mind Flynn got the starts ahead of him based on trust and nothing else. You would think that alone would've been enough to keep Perrilloux from doing something else so stupid.

12. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

Wasn't it Tommy Hodson at LSU some years ago who got suspended for one thing or another all the time? He'd get suspended from Monday's practice fdor being late for the bus. Or suspended from Wednesday's practice for missing a class. Or suspended from Thursday's practice for missing a curfew.
    He was suspended for every day of the week except Saturdays. Oh yeah, that's when the games were.

Draft saved Draft deleted