1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"LSU officially grabs Stanford's Johnson"

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Del_B_Vista, Apr 15, 2008.

1. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

From the LSU student newspaper: <a href="http://media.www.lsureveille.com/media/storage/paper868/news/2008/04/11/CampusBeat/Lsu-Officially.Grabs.Stanfords.Johnson.411-3319103.shtml">LSU official grabs Stanford's Johnson</a>

Too awesome for words. (Unless I've committed an aggregious d_b.)

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I don't suspect it was an accident. Someone was giggling as he/she put that on a page.

3. mdpoppy

mdpoppy Member

That one's pretty good, I also liked one I saw a couple years ago -- "Women's soccer team looks to fill holes"

4. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

From the Stephen F. Austin State University student newspaper. The school mascot is the Lumberjacks. Headline atop a story about the football team taking a day off after a big practice:

'Jacks off after scrimmage

My all-time fave.

5. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

If that paper has a faculty advisor, I'd be shocked if he/she let that through.

If not, those kids are in for it when they graduate.

6. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

My school paper had a faculty advisor, but they didn't check the pages before they went to press. They were only there to help handle legal issues or disputes with other departments on campus.

7. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

This is the kind of shit that would get you fired in the real world.

8. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

If the faculty advisor tried to catch every questionable thing in a student paper, he/she would never go home. Emptying the rec-center pool with a Dixie cup would be easier.

My old advisor never caught one of my friend's favorite tricks, putting staff names deep in the golf agate. "Hey, I tied for 43rd at Greensboro! Woohoo!"

9. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Your school paper ran golf agate?

10. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Because it's only appropriate that a KU man post this one ...

http://www.guppylake.com/nsb/headjob.html

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

The KU rag had one about Mangino a few years back that was better... I can't remember it exactly, but it was pretty good...

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I don't remember what paper it ran in, but "Trojans put Beavers on the defensive" from a couple years ago was an all-timer...

Draft saved Draft deleted