1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

LSU Fires Brady

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by writer200707, Feb 8, 2008.

1. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

What about Andy Kennedy? Mike Davis?

2. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

The other guy in that little circle jerk is Kermit Davis, now at Middle Tennessee. What a fun group they are. Hard to shed a tear for Brady. I guess nice guys do not always finish last when he's around to do it for them.

3. Beach_Bum

Beach_Bum Member

Andy Kennedy probably would get some attention.

Davis isn't likely.

4. John

John Well-Known Member

As an Ole Miss alum, I'd hate to lose Kennedy so soon. I know he'll leave eventually, but I hope he at least stays for a couple more years.

5. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

LSU would never, ever, ever do this, but if I were them, I would at least interview Bob McKillop. LSU's athletes in his system would be nasty.

6. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

This was locally broken, so nobody really gets brownie points. But you folks can continue on pretending Katz isn't really good. It seems to make you happy.

7. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Yeah, but I suspect that 1) LSU won't consider him, as you already said and 2) I wouldn't leave Davidson for that snake pit, either.

And anyone who thinks that Jim Larranaga has anything to worry about is absolutely nuts. The man might as well have a lifetime deal at George Mason if he wants it.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

Jim Larranaga can suck my hairy fuckin balls.

9. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

That must have been some steamer he left in your Corn Flakes ... wow.

10. dargan

dargan Active Member

Knight to LSU would really, really suck.

Beach_Bum's right. Brady's inability to get a decent point, much less a decent backcourt, have killed him. Marcus Thornton's a good player, but a program like LSU shouldn't depend on a JUCO transfer, no matter how good he is, to lead them in scoring.

11. Did you know that LSU was sanctioned by the NCAA before Brady got there? Yea, and the sanctions hurt his team for a really long time. Maybe you can ask him about it sometime. It's tough to get him to talk about it, though.

12. What about Pat Kennedy?
    Oh, I'm sorry.
    This isn't 1989.
    My bad.

Draft saved Draft deleted