1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

LPGA major

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SF_Express, Apr 1, 2007.

1. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

Might not be a lot of interest, but Morgan Pressel, who probably figured when she finished at 3 under might get fourth or something, is now leading the Nabisco after Suzann Pettersen imploded. Unless Petterson birdies 18, it won't even go to a playoff.

Morgan's a kid from the SF area....

2. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

How dumb is the LPGA to schedule a major the weekend of the Final Four?

3. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

bogey on 15
    double on 16
    bogey on 17

Yeah, that's a way to lose a tournament.

4. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

Pressel wins. Youngest LPGA major winner ever.

5. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Pressel, who was absolutely Mized in the Women's Open when she was a hair past 17, still becomes the youngest femaile major winner at 18 years, 10 months,

6. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

I always loved how mouthy Pressel was about all the coverage Wie got for having done nothing.

Aaron Krickstein's niece has now opened the floodgates on what should be an incredible career.

Can't wait for her first showdown with Annika.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I found her annoying... think she would have done better with keeping her mouth shut until she won, then saying "scoreboard'

Congrats to her, but I'm not really a fan of hers

8. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

All the talk about Wie and Pressel gets a major before Wie gets any sort of pro win.

9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Fixed. ;D

10. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Pressel also finished ahead of Wie in the U.S. Girls Junior Am and the Women's Amateur. Pressel has a bit of a complex about Wie, very jealous of the attention Wie has gotten, but she's obviously proving to be the better player.

Always thought Pressel came from West Palm Beach area. She won two Florida state high school tournaments.

11. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Pressel is from Boca Raton.

12. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

They always play the Kraft Nabisco the last week of March.

Beats scheduling it this week...

BTW, Pressel is one miracle, barfed-in bunker shot by Birdie Kim from owning two majors at the age of 18. The LPGA is in for a hell of a run. Not just of players, but of stories.

Slappy, I felt the same way you did about Pressel before I dealt with her last year. She was an absolute class act. Besides, don't outspoken players like Pressel make your jobs easier?

Draft saved Draft deleted