1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lovie benches the Sex Bomb

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chi City 81, Sep 25, 2007.

1. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

It's about damned time.

http://blogs.chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/huddleup/2007/09/source-its-grie.html

2. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Like Brian Griese's the answer.

3. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

The real answer isn't on the roster right now. But Rex was killing the team, and his teammates looked like they had no confidence in him.

4. Thank God. I don't even care if Griese sucks at this point.

At least it will be a different guy sucking.

5. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Chicago needs this QB...

[​IMG]

6. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I was totally against this move last year, because Griese is a giant tool who has failed in three different stops, but I've reluctantly come around. RIP, Sex Cannon.

7. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Hey, they could always start Kyle Orton. :D

8. 21

21 Well-Known Member

They'd be better off with Bob Avellini.

9. Is spup coping OK?

10. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I benched his ass last week...and what a sweet sweet ass it is.

I dropped him today, in favor of Brian Griese. Christ, those are nine words I never thought I'd say.

11. pallister

pallister Guest

True, Brian Griese is not the answer, but the Bears need someone who can make plays from time to time. Last year, in the midst of an incredibly frustrating season, Grossman had that ability. Whether it's his complete lack of confidence this year or just an inability to adjust, he no longer has that ability. That he compounded that with mistake upon mistake at critical times meant he had to go, in favor of anyone. And as far as Orton is concerned, if injuries catch up to the defense and this season gets away from the Bears, don't be surprised to see him in there eventually. If they don't sign a veteran FA to step right in, he's likely the '08 starter, even if they draft another QB in the first round. When Orton started in '05, he couldn't move the offense, but he at least limited his mistakes and gave the team (read: defense) the chance to win.

12. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Speaking of douchebag.

Draft saved Draft deleted