1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Love the new board split

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Almost_Famous, Aug 27, 2006.

1. Montezuma's Revenge

Montezuma's Revenge Active Member

I don't like the split, either, but I don't get a vote.

It's Webby's show.

Don't quite understand the hostility, though, towards those who aren't crazy about the changes. I haven't read anything antagonistic -- just that some people, me included, prefer it the old way.

2. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

I tend to agree with you. In general, I'm quite OK with this move, but I do have questions about its effectiveness considering the moderators will not be checking out every thread as soon as it's posted. I think, for the most part, that the change is intended to seperate what is clearly an increasing amount of garbage from encroaching on the otherwise 'normal' threads and discussions. My preference for keeping the politics on anything goes is because they invariably turn into a piss-and-moan name calling festival with very little value other than stroking one's ego by inventing new ways to insult someone with whom we have a difference in views.

3. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Easy answer ... I just won't be posting in one of the areas.

That's pretty pissy bullshit there. We've come to expect higher from you.

4. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Just for the record, you've had some pissy bullshit feuds as well.

5. Anybody else agree with me on this.....

This place is getting too nice, with too many categories?

I can't find stuff. It's just starting to feel stuffy. We're about one more upgrade from running me out of here.

6. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Re: Anybody else agree with me on this.....

I remember when SportsJournalists.com was just a big stone tablet and we all had to wait to carve our messages on it. Damn newfangled internet.

I dunno, I'm still holding out for a Food & Wine category.

7. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

So sorry to disappoint you. No idea how I'll get to sleep tonight. Thank you for being my conscience all these years.

I love all the bullshit whining whenever Webby makes a change. Like I said before, he hasn't made a change yet that didn't work. Even if they didn't, what the hell? It's his board.

8. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

I guess you missed the thread with Moddy figuratively urinating on me to defend this fragmentation.

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/31112/

9. shockey

shockey Active Member

yes.

i am an advocate of k.i.s.s. i may be a simpleton, but the previous categories were fine with me.

but i'll adjust, i suppose. i made it from typewriters to humongous portable computers to the cute ones we've got now, i'll survive this.

i did think the point of modern technology was to make life easier, though, not more complex. ??? ??? ???

10. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I, too, am in agreement.

11. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Oh, to hell with both of you. I do not need this.

12. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

How many threads we need on this? How do you folks react to real live issues? This is almost comical.

Going to merge this one with the other 80 or so on "I don't/do like the new boards."

Get over it folks, this is the new board.

Draft saved Draft deleted