1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Love me some Kelly Clarkson, but....

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Simon_Cowbell, Nov 22, 2007.

1. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Since U Been Gone sounded dreadful.

At least she ain't synching.

2. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Her face seems a little rounder than I remember.

3. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

Oh dear. And they're off .....................

4. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

[​IMG]

5. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

a) That's the problem when production is more valued in music than, you know, music. The scourge of today's popular music industry, and although she's very talented, it affects her (and her AI brethren and sistren) as much as anyone in the business.

2) That particular song's studio production was so perfect -- it's the best pop song in almost two decades, IMO -- that there's no way it can ever be replicated in a live performance. There's no way she can do it justice, even if she didn't have that little hitch in her voice that's always evident on stage but always erased in studio.

6. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

How'd you find that pic? I'm the guy in the red hat.

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

We missed maybe 30 seconds of her first song here due to technical difficulties. Thank God for small miracles.

8. Chef

Chef Active Member

Oof.

http://evilbeetgossip.film.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/04/kelly_clarkson_beet1.jpg

9. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Oh, go back to your supermodel girlfriends and lay off Kelly. She looks plenty fine.

10. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

Not quite "I'd still hit it" but about what I was waiting for. Rebuttal?

11. I'd totally hit it.

But regardless of whether people think it sounded bad or not, I'd rather have someone I'm watching perform sing the damn song instead of lip-synching it. She puts a lot of energy into her performances and seems like she genuinely enjoys what she's doing. I don't really care if it sounds less than perfect.

And I don't care who disagrees, but to me Kelly Clarkson is one of the most attractive females currently in music. But this also comes from a guy who's not a big Jessica Alba fan.

12. Lucas Wiseman

Lucas Wiseman Well-Known Member

Looked like it was raining during her concert, which I can imagine makes performing a little tougher on her and the band around her.

Draft saved Draft deleted