1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Love going pro

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 93Devil, Apr 18, 2008.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Hopefully not a d_b.

LOS ANGELES, April 17 (UPI) -- UCLA freshman forward Kevin Love Thursday announced that he will enter this year's NBA draft in June.

The declaration has been rumored for a number of weeks.

The 6-foot-10 inch native of Lake Oswego, Ore., led the Bruins with per game averages of 17.5 points and 10.6 rebounds.

He earned First Team all-America honors and was the Pac-10's co-Player of the Year along with fellow freshman O.J. Mayo, the Southern California guard, who already announced his intentions to go pro.

_______

My take, screw him.

If one kid was able to stay in college and bring some life to NCAA hoops it was him.

He does not need money. I can assume he was going to class and enjoying college. He stated that he was going back to class after the loss to Memphis.

Money is the only thing I can see motivating him to the NBA.

I hope he gets drafted by some horrible NBA team with horrible teammates. He possibly traded Wooden for Isiah and coeds for Starbury and Randolph.

Wonderful.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Courtney Love has no chance to make it in the NBA.

3. Chef

Chef Active Member

Yeah, but she can take it to the Hole.

4. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Say hello to the new Greg Ostertag.

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Solid.

6. 93Devil

Maybe I was too curt with the title of this thread.

7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

So it's his job to entertain you, while not getting paid for it ?(okay, he gets the $20,000 per year scholarship)

I love it how the NCAA has a multi billion dollar deal with CBS; slaps a logo or sponsorship on anything that moves, the coaches make $3+ mil a year.... and the players who generate the billions in income make 20 fucking grand a year.... and are the bad guys when they have a chance to earn a living that 99.999% of the world could only dream about.

Unreal.

8. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Not saying he'll be a great pro.

But he has far more game that Greg Ostertag. He's so fundamentally solid, is a great passer, a decent shooter from 15-20 feet, is solid as a rock, and has a mean streak Ostertag never had.

9. 93Devil

Is he happy now?

Will he be happy in five years?

It's not about money, it's about being happy.

This kid is not poor and trying to support a mother, six siblings and 27 cousins.

10. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Square peg, seeking a round hole.

Not. Going. To. Make. It. Big. Against the big kids.

It's his life. Bad bet, on his part.

11. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

12. 93Devil

It came up on Google news when I ran a search.

Draft saved Draft deleted