1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Love Actually on USA now

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by imjustagirl, May 29, 2008.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Only about 15 minutes in. This part always makes me cry just a bit. :(

2. Flash

Flash Guest

I start bawling from Hugh Grant's opening lines ... that stuff about the airport hits home. I've never been greeted at an airport by a loved one and I really want to know what that feels like.

3. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

I was very hesitant to watch this movie for the first time, but I loved it when I finally did watch it.

4. imjustagirl

You know, I thought this movie wouldn't be hard to edit for TV. Yet, it's chopped all to hell. :(

5. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

IJAG, If they've chopped it to shreds, just turn it off and put in your DVD copy. Voila, no editing. ;)

6. imjustagirl

That would involve getting off my ass. And well, that's not happening. Not unless it's to get a beer.

7. imjustagirl

Side note: Have I mentioned how much I adore Colin Firth?

8. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

Next beer, just make a round trip and pick up the DVD on the way back around. You save gas that way :)

9. dargan

dargan Active Member

Best. Movie. Involving. A. Lot. Of. Romance. Ever.

10. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

\
    I've been obsessed with scenes at airports since I was little. I'll even arrive early for my own flights just to watch people come and go. International flights are the best at capturing the love and sadness all around.
    I fell for this movie during the opening scene, when Hugh says, “When the planes hit the Twin Towers, as far as I know, none of the phone calls from the people on board were messages of hate or revenge – they were all messages of love."
    It's one of my all-time favorite movies.
    Oh, and the guy who plays Laura Linney's love interest -- why can't all graphic designers look like him? My gawd.

11. imjustagirl

Carl doesn't do it for me.

But the guy who loves Keira Knightley? With the hand-written signs?

Him I would do terrible things to.

12. dargan

dargan Active Member

I would take Keira Knightley out to a nice seafood dinner, and I would definitely call her again.

Draft saved Draft deleted