1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Loutallica" releases first song, fans of both artists are mystified

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Piotr Rasputin, Sep 27, 2011.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Interesting list... I actually liked Chinese Democracy, but Metallica has been in a freefall when it comes to producing new material for the last 20 years.

Between the Napster controversy and putting out shitty albums, I would argue that Axl Rose has alienated fewer fans in the last two decades than Metallica has.

3. Mizzougrad96

And the colored girls say... DARKNESS IMPRISONING ME, ALL THAT I SEE, ABSOLUTE HORROR, I CANNOT LIVE, I CANNOT DIE...

4. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I was ok with Load and Reload. They had a few good songs, even if most of it was pedestrian. Nothing was truly objectionable, though. St. Anger was a disorganized mess of noise. And it's funny how that list has suggestions on it that include... the documentary about the making of that album, which it lists as among the top-10 worst.

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

6. Black Shatner? William Sabbath?

7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Wait, Lou Reed has fans?

8. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I certainly didn't mind Chinese Democracy. St. Anger, however, remains the worst album I have ever paid full price for. (I have picked loads of shit out of cut-out bins over the years but you don't expect anything great to come out of there.) As separate albums, Load and Reload were self-indulgent messes but there are enough good songs scattered over each to make one good album.

9. Mizzougrad96

I've heard all of Metallica's albums since 1991, and I've seen them in concert 10 or 11 times over the years and without thinking about it, I can't name a single new song of theirs from the last 20 years. I remember there were a couple on Load that I thought were OK, but the worst songs on Kill Em All, Ride the Lightning, Master of Puppets, And Justice for All and the Black Album are better than the best stuff they've produced since then.

10. Mizzougrad96

I love Lou Reed. "Perfect Day" is one of my favorite songs.

11. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Rock and Roll Animal is one of the best live albums ever made. Love "Coney Island Baby" and "I Love You, Suzanne" too. And "Walk On The Wild Side" obviously.

12. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

A "Best of Lou Reed" compilation would be terrific.

A "Worst of Lou Reed" compilation could be used as a torture device.

Draft saved Draft deleted