1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Louisville must vacate 2013 NCAA basketball title

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Feb 20, 2018.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I never thought I'd see that happen, I really didn't.

Wow.

3. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Whoopsie.

[​IMG]

playthrough likes this.
  4. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

This vacating titles is such bullshit. So we're supposed to pretend they didn't actually win the games? Please.

Moralizing bullshit from the least moral organization in sports (non-Olympics division), the NCAA.

I am not a Louisville fan.

5. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I get that argument. The games still happened. But the coaches, administrators and fans of the schools that get vacated hate it. UNC spent God knows how much money to prevent it, so maybe it actually is a punishment?

6. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

7. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

If all the schools that have had titles/victories got together and told the NCAA to fuck off, this wouldn't be an issue. What are the going to do, ban all of them from NCAA competitions? And if that happens, say goodbye to the NCAA. CBS would shit a brick.

Hey, I'm all for doling out punishment for blatant cheaters like Louisville, but to retroactively pretend like the results didn't happen is just stoopid.

8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

9. ColdCat

ColdCat Well-Known Member

another win in Michigan's continuing effort to strike from the record all national title games it has lost.

10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

They have to give back millions. Hope that hurts

11. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

The NCAA isn't asking anyone to pretend anything. That is not what is happening here. That is not what vacating a title means.

Tweener likes this.
  12. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

The important thing to remember here is that Kentucky never cheated its way to a title under either Pitino or Calipari.

heyabbott likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted