1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lou Dobbs has tomato mush for brains

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Jun 20, 2008.

1. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I'm going to assume you meant fits.

2. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

The Donald wears a hairpiece?

3. friend of the friendless

friend of the friendless Active Member

Mr Beamon,

[​IMG]

But I digress.

Deregulation of the food industry, the slippery slope starting, predictably, in the Reagan 80s, has made food of many sorts a daily gamble. The ranks of the FDA inspectors have been thinned out--so strapped that they leave many inspections to the producers. I don't know what the future holds in other areas but I have to believe there will be more and more recalls.

YD&OHS, etc

4. I Digress

I Digress Guest

Let's see.. folks out picking all day.. get paid miniscule amount per bushel.. they need to stay in the fields and fill those containers.. gotta go.. drop trou....or so I've heard.. that's the source of most non-meat e-coli breakouts

5. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Agree. Deregulation has left the country's health and economic safeguards in a shambles while allowing the aggressively wealthy a field day exploiting industry and agriculture's unguarded chicken houses. From food supply to home equity to retirement savings, nothing is quite safe anymore.

With that said, yeah, Lou Dobbs is a buffoon and his positions are often borderline racist.

6. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

"Borderline" racist? Dobbs crossed that border long ago without even stopping at Customs.

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Dobbs is crazy as hell but happens to be right about the FDA and most government agencies being stripped of power or discouraged from doing their damn jobs.

That said, there are lots better things to impeach W over, methinks.

8. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

See a classic match race on the horizon: Dobbs and Buchanan.

9. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

Only Lou Dobbs could marry his immigrant bashing to Bush in such a unique manner.

This guy his hilarious. I wonder if he really takes himself as seriously as he does.

10. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

I was eating grapes at a snack table once, and a guy said to me, "Ya know, Mexicans probably pissed on those grapes."

As he took a sip of his Perrier, I said, "Oh yeah? Well French fish probably fucked in that water."

Spit-take.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'm not digging Dobbs' "Independents Convention" - not enough dancing or balloons.

12. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Dobbs' relationship to truth is shaky, to say the least. He still hasn't apologized for the whole leprosy controversy (he claimed illegal immigrants were bringing in leprosy...yep, as nutty as it sounds), even though it has been debunked a thousand times over.

And the fact that CNN hasn't balked at his parade of white supremacists that he invites on is appalling.

Draft saved Draft deleted