1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lotsa Luck Getting to Work In Beantown This A.M.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Jan 15, 2015.

1. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Encourage all drivers to bring eggs and rotten tomatoes with them on their commute, then roll down their window and let fly at the protesters. Target practice. Might actually improve the smell of some of them.

old_tony likes this.
  2. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Just wondering: Do the authorities *have* to cut them out? I can see if it's to get traffic moving again, but otherwise ...

I mean, you've got the right to be stupid, but that doesn't mean I have to help you clean up the mess, no?

3. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I'd say, yeah, local fire and rescue crews would be obligated. I mean, they can't pick and choose who they help, right? Do we really want rescue crews to only help those they deem are deserving of it?

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

bigpern23 likes this.
  5. Vombatus

I really would like to see them not cut them out of the barrels. Just put them on the back of a truck and take them somewhere, like the dump maybe.

But then again, Boston does have a harbor famous for having things dumped in it... could be put to good use in this instance.

6. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I'm continually baffled by the calls for violence or harm against people who are protesting peacefully. Yes, they are inconveniencing a huge number of people in the Boston area. And they are being arrested and will face the due process for their non-violent protest. Why do people wish death upon these protestors? Yeesh.

7. da man

da man Well-Known Member

I like the idea of driving them home still encased in the cement and letting them figure out how to get out of it themselves.

Dyno, JakeandElwood and Vombatus like this.
  8. Vombatus

Well, I kind of like violence and escalation theory.

At least in hypothetical jest.

Plus, you could always claim that you thought they were lighter than wood, and would float. Salem isn't too far away.

9. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

The death threats are hyperbole, which is still allowed, right?
    These people aren't protesters. They're look-at-me-I'm-doing-something assholes. There's no courage in blocking traffic because no one is going to run them over - but if someone did, I'll tell you what - this nonsense would stop immediately. Put these fools in the face of danger and they're cowering back to their disappointed parents' homes.
    Best tweet I read (hoping it embeds EDIT: It didn't) was from the ProJo's Jim Donaldson:Sitting at a lunch counter in Greensboro, N.C., in 1960 was courageous and meaningful. Blocking I-93 in 2015 is pointless and stupid.

10. Vombatus

Also, I am Buddhist and would not hurt a flea. Harmless, I am.

11. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

12. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Well, just look at them. How else are they going to get attention?

Draft saved Draft deleted