1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lost

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jim Tom Pinch, Oct 2, 2006.

1. leo1

leo1 Active Member

great opening episode despite too many commercials. the fact that the underwater 'hatch' was an acquarium and sawyer and kate are in animal cages has to have some relevance. so at one point it was a zoo or animal park? what's that all about?

and this raised a huge number of questions that i hope will eventually be answered this season.

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

This episode sets up the rest of the season really well...

3. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

Jurassic Park? Maybe the bears Zeke was referring too were the polar bears (bear) from season 1?

Way too many commercials last night....and I couldn't really get into the show because of it.

4. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

It's probably some post-apocalyptic thing.

5. 85bears

85bears Member

No, because remember at the end of last season, we saw the outside world. Plus, Juliet said Jack's wife is happy (BTW, how many people mouthed that line right along with him? Come on writers, you're better than that!)

As far as the commercials go, one word: TiVo.

I honestly didn't even notice commercials.

6. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Maybe she's happy because she's VAPORIZED and didn't suffer the sort of Road Warrior existence we all dread! Didn't think of that, did ya!

And that outside world thing? I dunno, maybe it was a fever dream?

(I'll walk away quietly now having only seen the intro to last night's show and, unfortunately since I work at that hour, virtually none of the arc of the show's entire run)

7. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Member

I think she was bluffing. Jack has said all of the things that she revealed. That is what I took away when Henry Gale told her "Good Job" when she came out of the room.

Is it me or did Juliette call Gale "Ben" when she came out of the room after talking with Jack.

8. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Member

He did say that Kate was not his type. If Kate is not his type he MUST be gay.

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

"Henry Gale" was an alias.

Remember when Said found the body of the real Henry Gale, complete with drivers' license, last season?

10. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I watched it on TiVo and the thing I noticed was that I had to fast forward through a lot of commercials. For me skipping through the ads just made me realize how short the actual show was.

11. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

Yeah, and they were talking about "Ben" during that book club bit in the intro. Like they were reading books that "Ben" selected, but he wasn't there...
    Theory: The plane crashed into a utopian cult that sprang up out of a broken-down research lab.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

So which Stephen King book was that at the opening? And why wouldn't Ben/Henry Gale want people reading it?

Draft saved Draft deleted