1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lost

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jim Tom Pinch, Oct 2, 2006.

1. Jim Tom Pinch

Jim Tom Pinch Active Member

Before three weeks ago, I'd never seen the TV show Lost. Since then I've frantically watched all of season one and half of season two, with the second half likely to be wrapped this week.

Please avoid spoilers if possible.

I know there's a million web sites that are supposed to subtly add to the Lost experience. Any suggestions for places I should go before watching Season 3?

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Go to ABC.com and I think you can watch for free the episode they showed last week that gave a summary of everything that happened in season 2.

3. Me and my gal did this during the spring. Caught up just in time for the season finale.

Great show.

4. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I've found the recaps and forums on www.televisionwithoutpity.com helpful for Lost and a number of other shows.

5. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

OK, let's bump this thread back to the top and start talking about Season 3.

Two words... FISH BISCUIT?

6. Just_An_SID

Just_An_SID Well-Known Member

This episode takes the show off in another direction and it will be interesting to see what happens next.

Sawyer. . . sorry if this is a spoiler. . . in the cage was hilarious. His excitement over solving(?) the puzzle and getting the fish biscuit made me laugh.

Kate. . . hmmmmmmm Kate. . . nice dress. Hopefully they have some more outfits in store for the rest of the year.

Two weeks of "unpleasantness"? Would that be the amount of time that this season takes?

Can't wait until next week.

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

That line made me crack up. I hope it catches on in everyday life.
    Local moron at the drive thru gets the deeper meaning of "Whopper, no pickles"
    Hey, you got yourself a fish biscuit.

8. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Nice of Nancy Reagan to make a cameo during the book club scene.

9. Ledbetter

Ledbetter Active Member

Is it just me or did it seem like there were a lot more commercials than normal?

10. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Yeah, it seemed like the actual episode was about 30 minutes and the rest ads.

11. Orange Hat Bobcat

Orange Hat Bobcat Active Member

Questions rolling around my head (some of which are leftovers from about four months ago) after watching the third season's premiere:

-- How have the survivors spent nearly three months on the island and not stumbled across the Other's little communal village? I mean, you're on an island, it's not that big, and you're walking around a lot. You would think someone would have seen something during some trip along the shoreline.

-- For that matter, how did the Others build their homes, install their plumbing and heating and, in short, set up a little world on a very isolated island? This makes very little sense, even if it bankrolled by some bigwig like Alvar Hanso (Ed?).

-- Is Ed/Henry Gale really Alvar Hanso? Yeah, this is one of the leftovers but it's still up in my brain and it still needs to be answered. The Others have done a significant amount of mindfucking since we first encountered them, and now there's all this with the name changes. Apparently, Ethan and Godwin didn't change their names. Why not? It would make sense.

-- And about that mindfucking ... How in the hell did Juliette (or whoever) obtain all that personal information about Jack? That pretty much freaked me out, even if it is scripted. Even with data reports and people searches and Google, you can't find out all that information about a person. That one moment really made me wonder whether the Others had something to do with the plane crash, and it made me think back to those moments during Seasons 1 and 2 when we all thought the survivors were brought together on that flight for some greater purpose.

-- A fish biscuit? Sawyer works his ass off and gets a fish biscuit? More importantly, that kid across the path busts out, helps Sawyer escape, then (likely) gets shot? Who was he? How did he get on the island? And did he really think he was going to get away? (You're on an island, dude. What are you going to do, swim?) If the kid was an Other, it makes you wonder why he was locked up and why his people have no qualms killing their own.

-- The mystery surrounding the underwater hatch has been solved but ... how do you get down there?

-- And, finally, is Zeke gay? Really, I don't care, but it would make things even more interesting when he interacts with Sawyer.

12. Pringle

Pringle Active Member

I knew Jack's dad wasn't going to be having an affair with his wife. That was a big Internet speculation, and the writers usually like to mess with the Lost forum people (Hurley's dream episode last year, naming the author Gary Troupe (anagram for "purgatory," etc, etc.).

Draft saved Draft deleted