1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lost: The Final Season (Premieres Feb. 2)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Piotr Rasputin, Jan 20, 2010.

1. Colton

Colton Active Member

I still pine for Shannon. I miss her... dialogue.

2. BRoth

BRoth Member

Was talking with The Lady Friend yesterday about how this show would've felt if the producers decided to stick with the original plan to kill Jack in the pilot. I imagine someone would have taken the character's place, but just feels odd thinking otherwise.

Also glad it ended up being Matthew Fox and not Michael Keaton, not that Keaton's been up to anything worthwhile in the last six years. Unless you count Herbie: Fully Loaded.

3. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Holy Jimmy Kimmel!

The post-Lost finale Kimmel special will feature three alternate endings to Lost!
    http://www.avclub.com/articles/jimmy-kimmels-lost-finale-special-will-feature-thr,40984/

I like the AV Club's speculation that one will be Matthew Fox waking up on the set of Party of Five.

4. NDub

NDub Guest

Usually there's no way I stay up until midnight anymore because of work. But I'll likely be so amped up just 30 minutes after the finale that I'll probably at least fall asleep watching it. Sheeit, Monday is gonna drag.

5. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

This is now being contradicted by a rather primary source. DarkUFO, the screen name of the guy who runs spoilerslost.blogspot.com and has spent years building up reliable sources, is now wondering if his previously reliable sources aren't feeding him fake spoilers in the run-up to the finale, as some of you have predicted might happen.

6. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

Of course they're feeding fake spoilers. This is going to be one of the most top-secret things ever. They'll film probably four or five endings just to throw everyone off-base.

7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I think the sideways world is what happened after Juliet blew up the hydrogen bomb. The bomb worked. It did what it was supposed to do. Now, in the sideways world all the characters are being gathered into one place. Something very bad will happen if the sideways world continues to exist. Desmond knows this and is manipulating everyone to the hospital.

I believe Juliet will appear and there will be a new plan to undo what they did with the hydrogen bomb. That will put them all back on the island in the timeline when they originally landed there. That is what Juliet is referring to when she says, "It worked." She wasn't talking about the hydrogen bomb. She is talking about the plan to undo the hydrogen bomb explosion.

I think it would be cool if the final scene is Jack and fake Locke sitting on the beach like Jacob and MIB at the beginning of the season, looking for the next group to bring to the island.

8. Suicide Squeezer

Suicide Squeezer Active Member

The thing I want most at this point is Desmond not to die just so there can be a spinoff series centered around him.

9. RickStain

The last three finales were also pretty super secret, and lots of information on them leaked in advance.

10. RickStain

The press release for next week's episode has come out, and pretty much sets in stone that the original spoiler was correct, not the later one that caused doubt.

I'm done now, I promise myself I won't talk spoilers too much. Just getting excited.

11. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

That's got "After-MASH" written all over it.

12. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Thirty minutes, so far. And soooo many answers. Damn. Wow.

Draft saved Draft deleted