1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lost: The Final Season (Premieres Feb. 2)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Piotr Rasputin, Jan 20, 2010.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

The sideways world is the real world and they will be together with their child. I have convinced myself of this.

Did anyone notice Jin walking into the hospital room when Jack was talking with Locke?

Do you remember how much we all hated Jin in the first season? Best show ever.

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

And let's say Jin lives, and raises Ji Yeon. At some point, Ji Yeon is going to ask, "What happened to my mother?"

What's Jin going to say? "We took an airplane flight from Sydney to L.A. because your grandfather wanted me to deliver a bunch of money to some thugs and the plane crashed on this deserted island. At least, we thought it was deserted. Instead, there were polar bears and pirate ships and a group of people called 'The Others' who were there as part of some experiment and these hatches that had a computer that you had to press a button every other minute and part of an old statue that had four toes in it and best of all, there was this smoke monster that would come and kill a bunch of people. Oh yeah, and your mom cheated on me, and didn't tell me that she had learned English."

3. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I'm still debating whether Jacob is a good guy. MIB proving himself to be bad doesn't prove that Jacob was a manipulative tool.

4. BRoth

BRoth Member

After his excellent run of one-liners, I fully expected his last words to be "Should have brought my bathing suit."

I assume this will be answered in episode 15, which is the big MIB/Jacob-centric one.

5. NDub

NDub Guest

1) False.

2) The Smoke Monster ran a long con. It's as simple as that.

3) It has never been clear who is The Candidate. But if you watched this week, you'd say Jack has likely taken that role.

LOST doesn't give glorified deaths only to bring those people back. Dead is dead. This isn't fucking Heroes.

4) That sucks for you. And is probably why your post was so ridiculous. GTFO

6. NDub

NDub Guest

As BRoth said, this MIB/Jacob-centric is going to help us out a lot.

Anyone seen the sneak peaks? Here you go....

http://abc.go.com/watch/clip/lost/SH006723620000/165261/260018

http://abc.go.com/watch/clip/lost/SH006723620000/165261/260017

7. NDub

NDub Guest

DDK weighs in on Jin's death. And the whole Ji Yeon thing.

http://www.sl-lost.com/2010/05/05/daniel-dae-kim-talks-about-last-nights-episode/

And yet I have to ask about Jin’s motivations. Obviously he really loved Sun, but how do you justify in your own mind that Jin would stay with Sun, knowing that he was orphaning his daughter Ji Yeon?
    That’s an excellent point. I can tell you that we received [new script] pages as we were shooting the episode that added a scene in the bear cages where Jin asks what happened to Ji Yeon. And you hear Jin asking Sun who’s taking care of the girl. And so that was deliberately put in there so that he would know that she wasn’t completely an orphan. Also, in the sub, there’s a moment that’s not scripted where I looked away from Sun toward the door and I wondered, “Should I go?” That was my moment for Ji Yeon. I thought to myself, “Can I do this?” But the decision I made at that point was that even if I tried to leave I wouldn’t have made it, because I had no oxygen and the submarine was so far under water. All I can say is that I’m sure Damon and Carlton took the concern of Ji Yeon to heart when they wrote the episode.

8. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Spoiler came out today giving definitive word on something that isn't all that important to the plot, but had been speculated about pretty heavily by fans after last week's episode.

Super-tiny spoiler text for those who want to know:

Frank Lapidus survived the sub explosion and will be seen again.

9. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Yeah, I looked.

Can't say I'm a fan of this particular development.

10. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

On EW's site, they break bad news for Eko-fans: He ain't making an appearance. Looks like he wanted to, they wanted him, but they couldn't shoehorn the character into the story.

11. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

It was kind of inevitable, though. How could they have maintained the dramatic consequences otherwise? Without that, the whole thing's pretty much done, right?

12. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Well, he hasn't appeared in the sideways world and maybe that's what happens?

Draft saved Draft deleted