1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lost: The Final Season (Premieres Feb. 2)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Piotr Rasputin, Jan 20, 2010.

1. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Ack. Well, you can still get to it from spoilerslost.blogspot.com, I think.

2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I don't get why anyone would want to read about all the upcoming episodes from people who have seen them already rather than actually, you know, watching the episodes. Where's the fun in that?

3. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Where's the fun in wanting to know something, but then choosing not to know it when it's out there? I don't know, to each their own.

Knowing what's going to happen has rarely, if ever, spoiled my enjoyment of watching it happen.

4. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I'm interested in the story and the way it's told, not just THE ANSWERS! Finding out out Darth Vader is Luke's father is a lot less interesting if you don't see the first four hours leading up to the revelation.

5. NDub

NDub Guest

Yeah, there's no way I'm jumpin on the spoilers.

Lindelof said something in an audio interview the other day when asked if he could tell the fans one thing about the remaining episodes. It was along the lines of please don't read the spoilers and wait for this show to unfold. You've been patient for so long and there's no reason to not continue that way. It was pretty convincing.

But he didn't have to convince me. I avoid that shit like the plague.

6. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

I'm with the I don't want to know crowd. That's half the fun of the holy shit moments. So few surprises in life, enjoy the ones you have.

7. NDub

NDub Guest

Lindelof also said something like being a part of TV history if you watch it all unfold at that moment without any foreknowledge. As I said, very convincing. I'm trying to find the link but don't remember where. It was just him and a phone interview. He just did it like last Wed or Thursday after Ab Aeterno aired.

8. BRoth

BRoth Member

A little off topic from all this discussion: http://www.behance.net/Gallery/LOST-The-Animated-Series/448458

Animated Losties.

9. NDub

NDub Guest

Those are freakin awesome. Thanks for the link.

10. Suicide Squeezer

Suicide Squeezer Active Member

Sun/Jin episode tonight. It's nice to see them just float right back to another "sideways" flashback after skipping it for an episode. But, then again, where would this show be if the writers didn't do whatever the hell they wanted whenever the hell they wanted?

11. NDub

NDub Guest

Lindelof said in last week's interview that they knew the fans would need a "break" from the flashsideways and rather something that is completely straight forward - so we got Richard.

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

You know, it would have been nice to be able to read Sun's notes without having some V logo with a clock blocking the words.

Draft saved Draft deleted