1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lost: The Final Season (Premieres Feb. 2)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Piotr Rasputin, Jan 20, 2010.

1. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I'd like to think so, because that would fit in with my long-held pet theory.

But I suspect that the Valenzetti Equation won't factor into the final season significantly, as to this point it hasn't actually appeared on the show. It was just part of one of the non-canon Alternate Reality Games.

(how's THAT for insufferable fandom?)

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

That is a fantastic clip.

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Hey, I spent some time this morning trying to find Judas on that picture, and I should be embarrassed to type that.

4. NDub

NDub Guest

I'm am obsessed with this show. Not a day goes by that my friend and I don't text about something LOST related.

I'm currently in rewatch mode so that I've got everything in place before Season 6 drops a buncha rad shit on me. Just finished The Brig in Season 3 last night. You know, the one in which Sawyer meets and kills the person whom he's hunted for 25+ years. That person is also Locke's asshole father. Freakin tremendous.

I have so many damn questions about this show that I hope are answered in the final season. Mostly - why? Why are these people on the island? What is their destiny? Why did Jacob touch them? Was he choosing them? Is Jacob omnipotent? Are all of these people just bodies incarnated by souls who've carried out tasks through time before they reach their final destiny? (I got that one from the conversation between Jacob and MIB). I could totally go on but I'll shut up.

5. NDub

NDub Guest

Have you all seen the casting list? Some old characters will be a part of this season. In what capacity, I have no clue.

6. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

I've heard in the final three minutes of the show, Libby is going to come out and waive, say "Are you happy now?" and then leave.

7. I love that they are really trying to protect this season. No new clips have been shown in trailers, it's all old stuff. I can't wait. Seriously.

8. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Dozens of yes/no questions answered about the season premiere, major spoilers:

http://spoilerslost.blogspot.com/2010/01/yesno-questions-all-answers.html

With some of the spoilers that have come out in the last few days, I think we have a *very* good idea of what the final conflict/question of the end of the final season will be, though we don't know how it will be resolved.

9. NDub

NDub Guest

RickStain - Do you know how tempted I am to click on that link?!?! Must. Be. Strong.

10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I clicked on it. Found two more links, one leading to Yes, and one leading to No.

Took a deep breath, then closed the page.

I'd rather be surprised.

11. It's easy for me to say no. I'm not a big fan of spoilers for any show, but I don't want to ruin LOST. It's been too much time spent watching and reading about it to look at spoilers.

As a side note, if you want a goofy take on the first five seasons watch this: http://entertainment.comedy.com/2010/01/20/italian-family-lost-recap/ It's an Italian family "reenacting" the first five seasons.

12. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

I'm just trying not to think too much about it, because it's like stepping into a spider web, and what's actually on the show is all that matters. I have last season's finale on Tivo, and I'm going to watch it and go into the premiere.

Anybody else find it strange that they have not been replaying last season leading up to next? I know the ratings aren't stellar, but it's not like they have a lot of programming that's blowing the doors off, and it might entice some people who have dropped out to catch up. And what show has ever needed a refresher course more?

Draft saved Draft deleted