1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lost: The Final Season (Premieres Feb. 2)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Piotr Rasputin, Jan 20, 2010.

1. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

I know I'm jumping the gun here, but it makes a great excuse to post this:

[​IMG]

http://scifiwire.com/2010/01/new-lost-supper-apes-batt.php

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Re: Lost: The Final Seasopn (Premieres Feb. 2)

There have been some fantastic spoilers posted online. Nothing game-changing, but plenty of stuff to get you excited about the new season and drop your jaw.

spoilerslost.blogspot.com, if you are into that sort of thing. I get that most people aren't.

3. Piotr Rasputin

If I'm not mistaken, spoilers for this season have been pretty minimal. There haven't even been a lot of "foilers" this time around.

I do know the title of the premiere is "LAX," so I'm hoping the opening shot is of 815 landing safely.

4. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

They've done a good job of withholding the ultimate plot points, but there's a ton of stuff that gives you an idea of where they are going and a few specific details that really blew my mind.

If Season 5 terms, we know that the Losties have been split into two groups, one of which is in the past and living out life as the Dharma Initiative. But we don't know that Locke dies. I think that might be a good analogy of what we know so far and what we don't.

5. Piotr Rasputin

This is the first cliffhanger - for any show - I can remember in which I had absolutely no solid clue as to what is next. Which was probably their plan.

But . . .

If Juliet was successful and 815 lands safely, assuming no other changes:

Kate goes to jail.
    Locke doesn't die, because he never gets to the Island. So he is still in the wheelchair.
    Claire gives the baby up for adoption.
    Jin and Sun try to start over.
    Jack buries his father without incident.
    Hurley remains a rich guy stuck with bad luck.
    Desmond still crashes on the Island, but his destiny changes greatly. Maybe the Others find - and kill? - him when he arrives.
    (worth noting that he's not in the above photo)
    Sawyer continues his search for his namesake.
    Charlie continues doing whatever he was doing.
    Etc.

But that particular show would be pretty tough to resolve in 17 hours without A. Having the seen-it-already cliche of the Losties saying, "Um . . . this isn't right! I feel a PULL toward this mysterious Island!" or B. Moving forward and splitting up, completely negating the first five seasons.

Obviously, something will change about them fundamentally. Maybe not everyone, but just the ones who would have been removed from the show had Oceanic 815 landed safely in the first place. Kate, for instance.

They'll probably subtly change Those Who Were Touched By Jacob so the plot can move to its conclusion. Locke must walk and be replicated by the Adversary, Kate must not go to jail, Jack must go to the Island so he can learn that sometimes faith is better than science, Sawyer must gain his final revenge and closure, and Sun and Jin . . . well, I'm rooting for their happy ending.

6. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Damn you Piotr! I wanted to start this thread :). Really, really looking forward to this season.

7. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Notice who is "Jesus" in that above photo.

What a show.

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

John Locke. I like him very much.

But he no help with curveball.

9. partain

partain Member

offered without comment:

http://www.theonion.com/content/video/final_season_of_lost_promises_to

10. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Nice to see Cuse and Lindeloff in on it, but, that begs a question: if one number in the Valentzi Equation is changed, will it, in fact, be the clue we are all seeking?

11. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I need to get my head back into the show. It's so all encompassing that the long breaks are a killer.

12. stellar

Draft saved Draft deleted