1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lost canceled... after season 5

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by steveu, May 4, 2007.

1. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

Locke's dad died last week. Sawyer killed him.

If it weren't for the baby, I could see Claire getting it. She's a rather useless character.

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

how did newbie not get props for this?

3. Runaway Jim

Runaway Jim Member

You really clicked on this thread, read through two pages and absolutely HAD to post that? If you don't like the show, why are you compelled to dump on those who do?

4. leo1

leo1 Active Member

if that happened i think i'd renounce my interest in the show immediately. that would be fucking absurd. hurley's a great character and i love the backstory with his lottery winnings and the bad luck and cheech as his dad. he's one of the few characters who we really have no doubts about. there don't seem to be any secrets in his past. if he turns out to be a devious investor who is funding dharma or hanso or whatever, that would be just ridiculous.

5. maybe sawyer is going to be the big surprise death now he has accomplished his mission (and has had a true change in character since he landed on the island)? I can't imagine ABC would let them do that since he's so popular but you never know right?

Also..i think the big twist is that jack's plan is going to lead to the accidental death of one of the main characters, forcing him to leave the camp with the others or maybe even a third group (people who still believe in him)??

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

No, not devious investor. I believe the theory is Hurley invested in a front company which was controlled by Dharma. The theory is Hurley was just a pawn and doesn't realize he's given money to this group.

7. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Re-watching season One on DVD these days . . . . Hurley didn't know half o what his money was invested in.

"You now own a box company. That sneaker company youi owned. . "

"I own a sneaker compny?"

"Not anymore. It burned down."

That would be a great twist. Problem is, he won the lottery only a year before he got to the island.

Perhaps, just perhaps . . . .Dharma has had people like him help, and he is just the latest.

8. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

So technically Locke worked for Hurley. You know that had to be Locke's box company he was invested in.

9. leo1

leo1 Active Member

that's interesting. i guess that could be plausible, or at least totally wacked.

i was listening to the podcast today in the car and the producers said that some of the backstories have been hinted at for several seasons. they insisted that the link between locke's dad and sawyer was hinted at and they were shocked that none of the nerds on the message boards picked up on it.

10. Inky_Wretch

I thought it was pretty obvious. Once we learned Locke's dad was a con man, it was natural for him to be the person Sawyer was hunting. All of these characters are connected in some way. Some minor are minor connections, some are major connections (Jack and Claire being half-siblings, for example).

11. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Okay, I'm going to be the dick, here. Love the show, still watch every week, but am I the only one who doubts it has the momentum to keep rolling until the newly announced end? Think how much your interest has slided in just the period it's been on. Not to mention since we now can safely assume that any real answers with a patina of finality are still years away.
    Let my battering begin.

12. Inky_Wretch

Killick, I think it'll actually help the storylines. The writers now know they have X number of episodes to tie everything together and provide The Answers.

The problem with The X-Files (for example) was when it was popular, FOX wanted to milk it for as long as possible. So you'd have one episode that advanced the mythology and storylines and then two or three standalone episodes. If ABC did the same to Lost, you'd see more oddball episodes. Hell, you might even see a "Very Special Christmas" episode or some shit.

Draft saved Draft deleted