1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lost canceled... after season 5

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by steveu, May 4, 2007.

1. STLIrish

STLIrish Active Member

Nice.

So, I've lost track a bit. Does 5 seasons mean one more after the current season?
    Sounds like a good idea. Few things in television are sadder than the great show that goes on too long (see ER).

2. Hoo

Hoo Active Member

This is Season 3, so two more.

3. LiveStrong

LiveStrong Active Member

This is very good news. The producers were trying to nail down an end date so they could set up the rest of the story. This show was never set up to be more than a few seasons and now, hopefully, they won't waste much time with "filler" shows that seem not to move us forward in the story.

4. Second Thoughts

Second Thoughts Active Member

By setting a date, do the terrorists win?

5. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

I thought they flat out said it in that NY Times article a few months back before Season 3 started back up?

I'm a huge Lost fan but they really pushed things too far too quickly. I don't see how the show could possibly go on for more than a few more seasons. I blame the guy playing Ben. That was supposed to a few episode arc, but they liked the way the actor played the part, the eyes and all, and decided to keep him around, which of course accelerated everything with the Others.

6. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

I just wonder what the hell this means...
    But the best part is that if it really is the mind fuck that I'm expecting, I get to wait seventh months to find out what happens next.
    And wasn't something posted on here about how Lost was considering doing a theater movie? Like X-Files did.

7. lisa_simpson

lisa_simpson Active Member

It's actually going to be three more seasons, technically, broken up into 16-episode chunks. Here's the full story from Variety:

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117964371.html?categoryid=14&cs=1&p=0

8. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

By setting an end date, ABC is setting the stage for the terrorists to win.

The terrorists will lay in wait for the ABC forces to depart, and they will overrun the landscape immediately after Lost's withdrawal.

9. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

This is good news. The producers always said they had a five-season arc in mind, so they should be able to accomplish exactly what they wanted, unlike, say, Smallville.

They had a five season arc for that show, too, but it's one of CW's biggest shows so we get a lot of the "freak of the week" episodes that don't advance the storyline. I still watch it, but when I watch the seasons on DVD, I usually skip the freak of the week eps.

10. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

This sets up the rest of the season nicely.

11. LiveStrong

LiveStrong Active Member

Reaction from the creators.

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20038202,00.html

12. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

I hate to add to Lost speculation . . . but why do I have the feeling that it will be something dumb, like Jack either dying or becoming leader of the Others?

Draft saved Draft deleted