1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lost 5/29

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 93Devil, May 22, 2008.

1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

There was a commercial in there for OctagonGlobalRecruiting.com. I punched it in and had them send me a "recruitment letter" at a junk email address. I'm curious to see what it is.

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Great episode. I was on the edge of my seat at the one-hour mark.

I guess next season will focus on Jack and the Oceanic Six trying to get back to the island to save their friends.

3. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Pern: Penis enlargement.

4. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

If you wikipedia that Octagon thing, it directs back to Lost.

For what it's worth.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

OK let's run down the list and figure out where they are ...

Bernard and Rose - alive, on island
    Juliette and Sawyer - alive, on island
    Farady and raft - ???
    Psychic and redhead - alive on island
    O6 - alive off island
    Des and Penny - same
    Lapides - same
    Ben - same
    Walt - same
    Michael - dead
    Jin - dead?

6. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

I'd say Farady and company are floating in the ocean. I mean, firstoff, they're not just going to kill him. We still don't know what he meant by 'Desmond is my constant'. And, i figure that his raft is like the helicopter...it wasn't on the island when it was moved, thus when the island disappeared, they were out in the open.

7. joe

joe Active Member

Michael probably not dead. Hurley didn't tell Walt that Michael was dead, and I don't think that was an accident.

8. Angola!

Angola! Guest

let me pat myself on the back for calling sun blaming jin's death on her dad and jack.
    god what a great episode. i thought for sure it was jack's dad in the casket.
    so what bad things happened on the island and how did locke die? and why is locke not on the island?
    also if there was any doubt about claire being dead, she is. she always looks fat in the flash forwards and i think that signifies the bloating of her body.

9. joe

joe Active Member

Locke being dead might be because he had to move the island, and then had to leave and got killed in the real world.

10. Angola!

Angola! Guest

OK, I can buy that, though moving the island obviously didn't kill Ben.

I'm thinking Locke had to "die" to bring the Oceanic Six back to the island and he might just pop back to life once he gets there.

Or, whatever "bad things" happened on the island overwhelmed Locke, so he returned to bring the Oceanic Six back and is killed (perhaps by Sun?).

11. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

Locke's been dead before (shot by Ben, left in the mass grave).
    The island will no doubt resurrect him again.
    Why else would they need to drag him back.

12. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Satan's balls, that was a lot of story advancement, even more than I'd hoped for. I'm going to have to watch it at least once more before I can even gather my thoughts on it. But off the top of my head ...

* You could have given me 50 guesses who was in the casket, and I'd never have gotten there.

* Having this year's finale pick up at the exact moment last year's ended was fucking money.

* I think the scene with Sun and Widmore was as important as any in the episode. First off, Widmore (and Sun and her baby) survive at least five years, because they establish the child talking to Sun. You have to love the balls of this show -- they now can't put Widmore, their main foil, in any legitimate danger in that five-year span. And then there's her saying, "as you know, we're not the only ones who left." That might indicate that he's trying to find Penny and Desmond, and she's leveraging that for ... what?

* Absolutely did not expect to see the Penny/Desmond reunion so soon.

* I hated Keamy so much that I enjoyed getting to see him "killed' more than once.

* How in the hell does Locke become Bentham? I guess that's one of the main themes from here. And he apparently becomes a major bad guy.

* Also important was the idea that Charlotte had been "going back" to the island. She's amazingly hot, by the way, like a smokier Nicole Kidman.

Damn, so much to process.

Draft saved Draft deleted