1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lost 5/15

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, May 16, 2008.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Enjoyed the show, because it basically bordered down to its main premise: Survival. There wasn't as much searching for this clue, or that clue. It is about man vs. man.

Looking forward to the season-ender. The first and third season-enders were great, the second was pretty good.

I'm wondering though, what's going to be Ben's plan? ...

2. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

Guessing it involves the Others, plus Sayid and Kate. They're stealthy, armed and move fast.

3. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Ben always has a plan.

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

One half assed theory.

They move the island 15 years into the future of into the past at the Orchid.

The members on the island who are 15 years into the future/past are sending the numbers back to the presnet to try and tell the present day characters about what is going to happen.

Ben was signaling himself with the mirror.

5. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Man, I loved this episode. I was on the edge of my seat wondering what happened next.

And can I just say that when Said was reunited with Nadya, especially given that we know how that's gonna end, I was weeping like a schoolgirl.

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

And it doesn't always work, like at the end of season 3, when the Others got blown up trying to attack the island.

But, I've got to admit, I'm starting to root for Ben a little bit, especially against the Whitmore group. It's almost like a wrestling babyface turn.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

That's a popular theory to the "move the island" phrase.

They're going to move the whole thing into the past, give themselves more time to prepare for the final battle.

8. STLIrish

STLIrish Active Member

So, how do Sun and Aaron get reunited with Jack, Kate & co. in time to get off the island?
    Because, while I really hope the ship doesn't blow up (b/c that means killing off Desmond), I don't see how it ends any other way for that crowd. Clearly they don't all make it back, b/c Jin's dead/missing and we've got anonymous Losties on the boat now.
    Maybe she takes the next boat back with Faraday to get away from the bomb? Seems like a stretch. But I'm sure they've thought of something.

9. rube

rube Active Member

I've been wondering all season what the circumstances might be for the Oceanic 6 to leave the island ... and I'm starting to think more and more about some sort of selfish fuckover on Jack's part. In the preview for the finale those six are in the chopper and there's talk about running out of fuel and that they should go back to help but Jack demands they move forward.
    I have no idea if that's what's about to happen -- but I can't wait to find out.

10. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I think the others wipe out the commandoes, and the helicopter with Jack, Hugo, Kate, Sun, etc..., while trying to make it back to the boat, gets lost. This causes them to fly around looking for the boat, and they run out of gas.

They crash in the ocean, but they get to the shore of another island. Thus the photo of them being rescued.

So who is the other person CEO Sun wants to destroy?

Whitmore?

I also totally think Ben does a face turn before we are through with all of this. Maybe not 100 percent, but we might understand his motives.

11. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

The suckiest thing is that two more episodes this season and it won't be back until 2009.
    Then again in the Spring of 2010.
    Talk about some momentum killing.
    I think ABC is really abusing the fans.
    I'll be fucking 40 years and still won't now how this damn show comes out.
    I'll be a man then, finally, but it just pisses me off that ABC can pull that off.

12. STLIrish

STLIrish Active Member

Actually just one more episode, albeit a two-hour one.

And really? 2009? What, a season starting in January or something? Followed by another season in spring of '10? That seems kind of stupid, stringing things out just for the sake of it. And how do they keep all the actors for that long? I've got to think at least some of them might want other gigs at some point.

Draft saved Draft deleted