1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lost 4/24: The show's latest love letter to those who stuck with it

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Piotr Rasputin, Apr 24, 2008.

1. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Great beginning.

I love how fast the plots have moved since they decided on an end date.

2. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

I've got to say, this was one action and answer packed episode.

We find out a little more about the Black Monster, we see why Ben and Sayid are working together, find out that Whitmore can't find the Island post Oceanic Six.

Good times.

Biggest worry for me is Ben looking for Penelope. If she and Desmond don't get a happy ending I'll be pissed. The rest of them? Meh. Don't really care much. Desmond though? He's got to go out riding into the sunset.

3. STLIrish

STLIrish Active Member

With Charlie gone, Desmond is probably the best character on the show. I don't see it ending well for him, though. He's ultimately tragic.
    Very good episode tonight, though personally I think Whitmore has a point about Ben being at least somewhat responsible for his daughter's death. But I'd imagine Ben knows that.

4. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

What was the deal with the light only showing on half of Ben & Widmore's faces at the end?

Are they playing some sort of real-world Risk?

Good stuff...

5. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Very, very cool episode. The moment when Alex died, and that look in Ben's eyes ... chills.

So Ben wasn't telling Sayid the truth about how he got off the island on Desmond's boat, right? Seems like he has some time/space travel abilities -- when he shows up on the ground in Tunisia, he's apparently not sure where or when he is.

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Great episode, although I almost shit myself when I saw the building blow up with Clare in it. Knowing that Aaron makes it off the island, but Clare doesn't, made me almost think they were going to kill her off last night.

And the look on Sawyer's and Locke's faces when Ben tells them to run as the black monster starts attacking was priceless.

7. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Great ep. I was on the edge up giving up, but tuned in anyway. Glad I did. God help me, I'm starting to like Ben. From knowing everything about the merc holding his daughter, to his reaction to her execution, to his "this is not your war" with Sayid, to turning loose the black smoke monster... Wow.
    Only misstep was Hugo's "we're all going to die" that was all played up during the teasers for this ep. And it's referring to Risk? Didn't fit. Seemed like a line inserted for the sole purpose of using it out of context in the teasers. I'v never, ever heard anyone say that while playing the game. A minor complaint, though.

8. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

Loved the great action movie tradition of the gunmen nailing three straight anonymous castaways with one shot each, but Sawyer running around the neighborhood for a minute unscathed.

Overall, great episode. Ben definitely was lying about the boat. Curious about where the hell he went that resulted in the black monster and Ben being all, well, dirty. I am thinking it might be some underground passageway to wherever he/Jakob holds the monster.

9. joe

joe Active Member

Watch "Citizen Kane."

10. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I'm starting to think they are.

11. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

I know I'll get chastised for this, but I did see it, in college, Film Appreciation class, and I hated it.

12. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

I was thinking the same thing about Risk, especially when they showed them playing early on.
    Did anyone catch the name on the jacket that Ben was wearing when he plopped down in the desert?
    I always think little things like that are huge clues, but I don't know why.
    AVclub has a recap, they likey as well.

http://www.avclub.com/content/tvclub/lost/the_shape_of_things_to_come

Draft saved Draft deleted