1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lost 3/20

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by zebracoy, Mar 20, 2008.

1. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

So, what did everyone think?

Not the usual good cliffhanger, especially because the end involved characters I could personally care less about. Also interesting to see that they consider Aaron one of the Oceanic Six in the previous for the next episode - which looks to be really, really cool.

How about that bit of irony of Sayid turning in Michael for working for Ben? Just a couple months later, buddy, and things are going to bite you in the ass as well.

2. STLIrish

STLIrish Active Member

Nice and ironic. But it makes sense from Sayid's perspective. His goal is getting to dry land, and being trusted by the captain is more likely to make that happen than anything Michael could do for him.
    Decent episode, though it was almost all Michael flashback, and he's just never been all that interesting a character. The stuff at the end with Carl and Rousseau was kind of out of left field. Think Ben set it up?

3. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

help me remember ( I was flipping between hoops and lost)... Michael killed lucia and...? I really don't remember.

4. STLIrish

STLIrish Active Member

Libby (Hurley's girl, a "tailie," who popped up a couple of times this episode in Michael's imagination).

5. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

So who shot Carl and Danielle? It bears noting that Frenchie survived a lot of shit over 16 years .. a rather ignominious end.

Glad that we've settled that Aaron is one of the O6 -- seemed obvious to me, but people were still arguing about it.

I'm curious about how Ben appears to be capable of time travel and sort of all-powerful, yet he keeps getting caught in these powerless situations. Maybe that's the point, that he controls things from positions of apparent weakness.

6. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Caveat: I flipped between this and NCAA basketball, so haven't seen the whole thing yet. Watched the end on mute.

I took it as the Others being holed up in the bush, ready to shoot anyone on sight. It's not like Alex and Carl were big players with the Others, so I can see how that happened. I really hope Rousseau isn't dead. Been waiting for her flashback episode for a long time. Who knows?

Yeah, the promo pretty clearly said Aaron was one of the six. Should have known they'd throw that curve, from the start. Really thought (and hoped) it would be Jin, someone who could talk to the media. But should have guessed that the kid just adds to the cuteness and appeal of the whole thing, to the public and media.

I don't think Ben is capable of time-travel. And his power comes from manipulation, which is easier to do when people underestimate you. I think the Others follow him because of his affinity with Jacob and thus the island. And the fact he was willing to ally with them to exterminate the Dharma people, aka Those Who Would Do Experiments On The Sacred Island, probably doesn't hurt.

7. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Thanks, Irish. Couldn't for my life remember that. The thing I was trying to figure out was the timing of Friend being in NYC to talk to Michael around the time he was being killed on the island. But the time-shifting island stuff probably explains that.

8. ArnoldBabar

Ben absolutely travels in time. Mark it down.

9. Piotr Rasputin

Maybe so, Babar. I do think he has a portal to the mainland.

There is a time travel element, but I'm not ready to commit to how I define it yet.

Also: I wanted to watch it on tape to make sure, but: right before the conversation between Mr. Friendly and Michael in the alley, the commercial break ended with a qucik flash of the logo from that "The Mole" show of a few years ago. Thought that was funny, since Michael is a mole on the ship . . . .

10. ArnoldBabar

Wow, I'll have to check that on Tivo ... amazing the tiny things these people think of.

11. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

That's what I think. It would be the perfect chance for Ben to rid himself of two people he hates, Carl and Rousseau.

12. Piotr Rasputin

They did the Mole thing again in a later break.

It's at the end of the Gray's anatomy promos.

Draft saved Draft deleted