1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Losing interest

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by John B. Foster, Jan 11, 2019.

1. clintrichardson

clintrichardson Active Member

Try dogs again. They're still good.

Joe Williams and OscarMadison like this.
  2. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

College basketball. Too many stoppages of play.

3. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Interesting question.

I fell in love with sports as a child because the writing was so good. I found out the other day that I still love hockey and soccer/futbol/them yurpeen people in tiny shorts runnin after a damn round ball and rugby. My affection for archery is coming back. NFL, NCAA football, hardwood bollocks-bouncing? Not so much any more. I don't know when I last bought a copy of SI or ESPN.

Dating. I'm too old for that nonsense.

Nashville. Oh my goodness, it's so...just...so...I don't know. I've lived in Oakland and Memphis and once you've lived places like that, Nashville feels... Disneyfied? Bland? Full of virtue-signalling hipsters? In desperate need of a good Episcopal church that isn't overrun by escaped Fundie Mommies?

The general life sludge that is the Foma, Walpeters, and Granfaloons of being identifiable by "tribe:"
    I eat plant-based 99% of the time. If my friends are incredibly proud of their grilling skills, I am going to eat their ribs and tell them they're delicious.
    Being liberal as if it's a spiritual calling. ::Ron Howard V/O:: It isn't.
    Fan communities. Shut up. Shut up. Shut up. Shut up. Yes I like X. It will not influence my major purchasing choices, hair color, or what I name my pets.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2019
    FileNotFound and Slacker like this.
  4. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Maybe a Laz-E-Boy would help. Couldn't hurt.

OscarMadison likes this.
  5. OscarMadison

Escaping from the Gen X version of "You kids get offa mah yord!" is what made me start to look beyond all the comfy cozy little boxes. That arrow through the head-rest of the Laz-E-Boy was an accident, I swear.

6. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Mom always said, Don't play with a crossbow in the house.

7. OscarMadison

I haven't put an eye out. Yet.

Given my grace and skill, it will most likely be my own if it happens.

Draft saved Draft deleted