1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lorre's parting shot?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, May 16, 2011.

1. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

How is the show being received with Kutcher? I never watched it before and haven't watched it since.

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Where do you find those cards? They're on the screen and off so fast, I've never actually read one.

PoO, I liked the first one with Kutcher and didn't much like the second. I'm calling this as the final season.

3. Dirk Legume

Dirk Legume Active Member

Moddy,

Here you go:

http://www.chucklorre.com/index.php

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

You can hit pause with the DVR and read them.

I still think they get at least two seasons out of Kutcher.

I do love Judy Greer. We'll see if she's there for anything more than a recurring role.

5. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

My wife said she hopes they get Kutcher some clothes. He's spent the majority of both episodes clothes-less.
    As for Judy Greer, Kutcher should be glad they're divorced. She is as irritating as it gets.

6. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Oh, man, that was Judy Greer? This "Archer" fan was happy to place the face with the voice, even if that was the only good thing I got out of the episode.

7. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

It was Greer. Wow. But... didn't she already play Herb's sister on that show? I think she did, and hooked up with Charlie, over the sister-in-law's vehement disapproval.

8. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

BTW, just saw online that the ratings dropped 33 percent from last week to this... which was still more than enough to win the time slot, but makes you wonder how much further it'll drop next week.

And, then there's this: http://www.tvline.com/2011/09/charlie-sheen-chuck-lorre-settle-lawsuit/

So, Sheen gets $25 million.

As for the vanity cards, I'm endlessly teased that they go by so fast. I freeze the screen, just so I don't have that feeling that something great just zipped past me. Most of the time, it's disappointing. To wit, after Mike and Molly last night, the whole thing was about an old guy manscaping and ended with his wife telling him "Good, less choking and flossing for me!" Uh... ew.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Plus $100 million for syndication.
    I'm sure Lorre is doing quite well, but when you craft a successful show around a celebrity's well-known foibles (Grace Under Fire, Cybill and 2.5), how do you complain when that celebrity um, acts the way you portray him?

10. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Last night sucked. It's going to get worse.

And, yes, Greer was Judith's sister-in-law who slept with Charlie. That was a good episode.

11. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Hadn't thought of Peter in quite some time.

12. Double J

Double J Active Member

It's quite easy when you're an asshole, as Lorre seems ever more determined to prove.

Draft saved Draft deleted