1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lord.......you can take me now....I've seen it all.....

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef2, Oct 29, 2015.

1. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I'm not surprised by reluctance to use plastic by anyone old enough to remember the old machines on which the cashier had to place a triplicate receipt (which he/she had just filled out in ballpoint pen) as well as the card, then slide the top over to get the imprint, then have the customer sign.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2015
  2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Actually, there is something worse. Getting stuck behind somebody cashing in scratch-off tickets and buying more.

3. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Born at night. Not last night.

Ace likes this.
  4. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

True, but I live in a non-lottery state.

5. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

The only thing funnier than watching a lady put .74 for 32oz. Pepsi on her debit card, would have been if it got declined.

6. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

The cheapest gas station in my neighborhood is a small, three-pump place. Cars will line up on both sides to save 8 cents per gallon.

The worst is when someone pays with cash, pumps, then walks back into the store for change and it takes five minutes as they wait behind the beer, cig and lotto buyers to get their money.

7. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

You're paying for the convenience of a piss stop at a convenience store in Podunk. It's not an unfair trade.

8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Many moons ago, I rolled up to a Quizno's on dinner break. I fully intended to eat there, but I needed to use the bathroom first. It was one of those times it Could Not Wait.

Naturally the 19-ish goober behind the counter decides to flex his authority as I'm making a break for the back. "The bathrooms are for paying customers only."

There wasn't time to argue. I shot back with "I'm going to be a customer, but unless you want me to take a dump on your floor, you're going to have to wait." and kept on trucking.

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Well, similar to what Dixie pointed out, I could have just had my kid piss on their floor. Which would have been quite convenient for him in Podunk.

10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Even worse is when someone pumps their gas, walks in, and then does their grocery shopping while everyone is waiting behind them at the pump,. I'm not talking about grabbing a candy bar or a soda, while on the way to paying, I'm talking about four or five bags of items.

11. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

And then that could get you arrested. Also not an unfair trade.

12. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

This is a reason McDonald's can never close. They have the best bathrooms for sneaking in and out. Most can be accessed from side doors and you don't even have to walk past the counter.

Starbucks, too. They are usually so crowded, the workers don't notice people coming in and out. On the minus side, most stores I've been in have one, unisex bathroom, so there may be a line.

Draft saved Draft deleted