1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lord.......you can take me now....I've seen it all.....

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef2, Oct 29, 2015.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

9 people total. 4 drinkers.
    5 medium pizzas. 1 large pizza.

2. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Lightweights!

3. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Toppings breakdown? Did you bother getting one just plain cheese?

I've always found, in these instances, one or two toppings max per pizza so no one gets stuck with a slice that has something they absolutely don't want. People can pick stuff off if they need to.

4. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

large sausage
    large hamburger
    medium supreme
    medium meat lovers
    medium pepperoni
    medium taco

5. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Case of 16 ounce pounders.

6. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

It may be generational. I was lamenting to a 20-year younger co-worker that I wanted to stop for a soda, but didn't have any cash and she said to use the debit card. I don't like using it for less that about $5, but she has no problem doing that.

I always feel weird using the card to buy something for less than $1, but it's the only choice sometimes.

Another colleague put something like 17 cents on his card when he went to a convenience store with $2 and the soda cost more than he expected.

7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Lots of convenience stores require a $3-$5 minimum purchase to use plastic so they don't get killed on credit card fees for tiny purchases. Conversely, a handful of restaurants here won't take bills larger than a $20 because they're worried about counterfeiting.

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Who buys that many mediums for a big gang of people? Was this a Weight Watchers meeting or something?

9. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

People older than me can keep rolling their eyes all they like when I make small purchases with a credit card. I like getting five percent of my money back.

10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

One time recently, I pulled into a store out in Podunk with one of my kids because he had to use the bathroom. Clerk wouldn't let him use it unless I bought something.

So I grab a bag of chips, go up to pay, and the guy rings me up. It comes to $4.39, or something like that. I hand him my card. Clerk points to this itty-bitty sign that says a minimum of $5 is needed to use the card. I end up grabbing a candy bar, which was another $1.50. So it came to about $6 just so my kid could take a piss.

I was half tempted either to tell my kid to pee on the floor, or go all D-Fens on the clerk that he wouldn't just let me make the one purchase because he knew the only reason I was buying it was for bathroom access.

11. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Beats the hell out of me. My wife texted me the order. That's what I ordered.

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Now you're making sense.

spikechiquet and doctorquant like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted